Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 04:30 AM   #1
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
HELP! Screen went dark

Okay my Pocketbook 360 started acting really funny today. When I was downloading a new ebook on to it, the screen went all dark, not like it was off. Rather its color was inverted? If that makes sense?

I turned it off and back on and it went away.

A while later I turned a page and it did the same thing. I tried resetting it, but it did not fix the issue. I attached a picture of what the screen looks like currently.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Amy

ps- later I reset it and seemed fine again and then did the same thing, where the screen went all dark.

pps- I let is charge over night and then hit the reset button on the back again. It booted up and screen has been acting normally. Read a whole book without the problem occurring again. It is very odd.

A friend suggested maybe a memory problem? I had close to 200 books on the device, but still had tons of space on its drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0078.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	507.5 KB
ID:	67776  

Last edited by sassanik; 03-05-2011 at 06:27 AM. Reason: update info
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:55 AM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

still having issues

I am still having issues with my 360's screen going dark on me. Do far I have been able to reset it and get it back up and working. Do you guys have any idea's why it might be doing this?

Do I need updated firmware?

Amy
Advert
Old 03-14-2011, 02:59 AM   #3
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
I have had this problem a number of times, but until now reset has fixed it. This morning nothing works, so I am charging it from an electrical outlet to see if that helps, although the battery was down only 50%. If that doesn't work I'm sending it back to Nürnberg -- for the third time in less than a year.
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:22 AM   #4
sassanik
Guru

still not working

Yeah mine is still not working, I charged it overnight. Turned it on, still not working, reset it and still nothing.

It talks to my computer just fine, I can tell its loading, but something is up with the screen. Its still dark and I can barely see the loading screen and the book selection list.

Its most frustrating. I looked around on the forums and haven't found info on it. It seems like its actually a problem with e-ink screen.

Amy
Old 03-18-2011, 04:22 AM   #5
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
I have sent my PB 360 to Nürnberg -- as I said for the third time in less than a year. Stay tuned...
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
sassanik
Guru

yep

Yeah mine is heading out to the Pocketbook people too. I am hopeful that they will be able to fix it up. I really like my 360 better than my Nook that I am using in the interim.

Amy
Old 04-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #7
sassanik
Guru

replacement

Well apparently the screen problem is covered by the warrenty! I just got my new one today! I am very happy that I was able to get a replacement. I have been using a Nook instead and frankly I like the PB360 better.

Turn around on replacement was reasonably quick, I had not expected it to be so fast.

Amy