Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-02-2018, 12:23 PM   #1
tcreek
Enthusiast
tcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 3
Calibre Library copies correctly to new PC and 2 days later the library is empty

I copied my Calibre Library files to a new PC at the same folder location --- users/Documents/Calibre Library. I installed Calibre and went through the Welcome Screens and the Library installed correctly with all the books in the new Calibre program. Two days later the Calibre Program had no books.

I deleted the Calibre program and deleted the Calibre files in the PC AppData folders. I went through the Calibre Welcome Screen install process as before but now the Calibre program loads with only the Welcome book. I tried this process 3 times with the same result.

Now I don’t know what to do.
tcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...libre-is-blank
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2018, 01:58 PM   #3
tcreek
Enthusiast
tcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 3
Thanks a lot Kovid.

The metadata file was listed as "metadata pre-restore". I deleted the "pre-restore" portion and the library loaded OK.
Windows was acting up on my old PC and I did a Windows reset. The "old windows folder" contained my files and I copied the calibre library from there.

Thanks again and for the quick response.
tcreek is offline   Reply With Quote