Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #16
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorino View Post
Since it hasn't been brought up, and you haven't brought it up, the prs-600 is very one-hand friendly too. I only use two hands to take notes on it. I use my thumb to do the page turn gesture to flip the pages, and it's very easy. Not top heavy.
From Sony's description, and the pictures, it is the same weight/layout as the PRS-700, which I owned, but found too top-heavy for my small (tiny) hands.

In the meantime, I bought a used PRS-300 and am enjoying it. Now that I've tried a few other readers, I appreciate how the Sony's firmware is more usable for people with large libraries. If only I didn't like the nook's wireless download and customizability, so much, too!
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #17
luthier58
luthier58 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300
I'm right handed, but nearly always hold my 300 in my left hand, thumb stretched across to the right arrow key. If feels so natural I don't even notice it. My hands are medium sized, but my fingers are long, so YMMV. My wife has smaller hands than me, and her 600 (bigger) has the Sony cover w/light, so she usually uses 2 hands, but I've seen her use one pretty often, with the cover folded back (touch screen means she doesn't need to stretch).
luthier58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #18
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
I'm right handed, but I've always held books in my left hand when I read on my side as a kid. So, it feels very natural holding my 600 that way.
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote