Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 12:08 AM   #91
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
"Love Story" is one of those books that just makes me nauseous at the thought of it. Torture for me would be making me sit through a viewing of the movie.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:33 AM   #92
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I know the theme song is certainly stuck in my head now, thanks everybody.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #93
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Where do I begin?
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #94
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ack!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #95
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I know the theme song is certainly stuck in my head now, thanks everybody.
Dammit! Next time post a warning!

Am now posting the cure......

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	earworm.JPG
Views:	550
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	83153  
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #96
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I loved the video, karma to you good sir for starting my day off with a smile!
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #97
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
You're welcome. It's a favourite around our house for exorcising undesirable earworms, and inflicting new ones.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #98
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Dammit! Next time post a warning!

Am now posting the cure......
And now posting the cure to the cure:

DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #99
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Angry Mmmmph........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
"Love Story" is one of those books that just makes me nauseous at the thought of it. Torture for me would be making me sit through a viewing of the movie.
I did at an early, impressionable age, and never been quite right since.

It could well help rehabilitation of insane, psychotic, edge/chainsaw wielding mass murderers though...........
They'd prob'ly top themselves rather than sit through it again........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #100
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
"J.K. Rowling's next book: 'The Casual Vacancy'":

http://news.yahoo.com/j-k-rowlings-n...132325812.html
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #101
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
And the US Kindle preorder price is $19.99.

I think I'll wait. It definitely sounds like something I'd enjoy, but I have a very long to-be-read list, so I don't exactly need to buy any more books this year (or next year) before I run out. On the other hand, I'm not entirely sure I'll manage to hold out.

Time will tell, I suppose!
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #102
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
And the US Kindle preorder price is $19.99.
That price could very well turn out to be as fictional as the plot. Little, Brown & Co = Hachette = just agreed to the DOJ settlement offer. I'd definitely wait until closer to September before purchasing.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #103
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
That price could very well turn out to be as fictional as the plot. Little, Brown & Co = Hachette = just agreed to the DOJ settlement offer. I'd definitely wait until closer to September before purchasing.
Ah, but with Amazon's "pre-order price guarantee" you don't have to wait! Pre-order now and if the price drops before release date, you'll pay the lower price.

Not that I really pre-order anything (except that Amazon pre-order freebies which may or may not be pricing errors).

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #104
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
And also... I'm not seeing the Kindle version up for pre-order anyway?
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #105
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by roc View Post
Apparently you have not been around, or paid much attention, to the fantasy that has been widely available since Tollkien really became popular in the late 60's into the next decade. I have had a multitude of such books yellowing and rotting away due to their age from those days (reason I am much more into ebooks now).

Don't assume what you do not know about does/did not exist ;-)
When I was in High School in the 70s, all my friends read Tolkein. We loved Fantasy, but we all read the same books because there weren't very many of them. The fantasy section in our bookstore (which was part of sci-f) was tiny. The whole sci-fi section was tiny. There was Norton, Burroughs, Bradbury, Perry Rhodan translations, and a half a dozen other individual books.

When I went to see Star Wars, opening night, I was shocked. I had never been to a science fiction movie where more than half the seats were filled, and here the line went out the door. And I went to a lot of sci-fi movies. You can argue about who made the biggest difference, but there IS a BIG difference in the sci-fi and fantasy audiences now and those of just a few decades ago.

As for Rowling, I think most people who denigrate her writing do so because they think it makes them sound sophisticated somehow. (Railing against something so popular always makes you cool, right?) Nobody who knows writing and has read hers, believes that she is less than a competent writer. Some have criticized her because her ideas are synthesized from existing legends and mythology rather than original. Speaking as one who has tried, it is difficult to take so many disparate legends and weave them into one cohesive sophisticated story-- which Harry Potter is.

Last edited by HistoryWes; 04-12-2012 at 02:13 PM.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote