Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
hassan
hassan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Unhappy Update fail on any software update

I had lost about 1 GB of my kindle memory somehow.
Restoring factory defaults solved that problem, but now I can't install any update (or hack).
even 3.3 update failed.

Any idea?

my device firmware version is 3.2.1
hassan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have had my K3 for almost a year and I am still on Firmware version 3.1.1 I have never received an update. Go figure. My DXG has never updated.

I check the option for updating whenever I hear one is available and it never comes. I turn on the WiFi/3G and leave it on for the evening, plugged in of course, and no upgrade.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I have had my K3 for almost a year and I am still on Firmware version 3.1.1 I have never received an update. Go figure. My DXG has never updated.

I check the option for updating whenever I hear one is available and it never comes. I turn on the WiFi/3G and leave it on for the evening, plugged in of course, and no upgrade.
Try connecting to a wifi node and not 3g some downloads are wifi only and do not use 3g.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
WiFi is the first choice in my house and the K3 has not uploaded any new versions. It works fine so no biggie. Just curious
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:34 AM   #5
hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post

You can download updates from amazon website and copy them to your kindle root

for example 3.3 update can be found here
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 02:35 AM   #6
hassan

thanks