Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 09-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
dudesweet
dudesweet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Change News Language

Hi guys,

Just wondering if there's a way to change the metadata of a downloaded news source to take into account the language of the source. The default setting is to use <dc:language>en</dc:language>
, however I would like to specify (for example for each news source) the language it actually is (makes it easier for direct dictionary lookups on device)

Anyone have any idea how that could be done?
Much appreciated
ds
dudesweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Update your calibre to 0.8.20
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 04:24 AM   #3
dudesweet

Hi Kovid,

Thanks for the response - I've found the new feature - and it's exactly what I needed. Just wondering if its not possible to set a default language for news as it comes in, or can one only do so after its come in/been downloaded?

Thanks again

Last edited by dudesweet; 09-26-2011 at 04:50 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
News downloads are given the correct language when they are downloaded. As I said update to 0.8.20
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
dudesweet

Thanks a bunch. That's exactly what I'd hoped for.
Love calibre as I'm sure everyone else on this forum does; thanks for the work you've put in.
Advert