Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #91
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
@ SameerH

2 questions:

1-Kobo Touch reader have english to spanish, spanish to spanish and english to english dictionary?

2-the highlight and note taking can viewed summarized in the TOC or another folder in the reader?
3-did the kobo works in landscape mode?
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #92
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In the new Kobo Touch...Do links work? Do embedded fonts work where the font-family is specified in the CSS body declaration?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #93
gyuen
gyuen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e505
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
We will also have books in various languages available.
I hope that also means (native) dictionaries in other languages. I'm not so interested in translation dictionaries but definitions. Hope that would mean the version in the US is the same or can be upgraded to any international features of the other one.
gyuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #94
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
In the new Kobo Touch...Do links work? Do embedded fonts work where the font-family is specified in the CSS body declaration?
Why are you asking questions in the thread you reported to be deleted?
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:03 AM   #95
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyuen View Post
I hope that also means (native) dictionaries in other languages. I'm not so interested in translation dictionaries but definitions. Hope that would mean the version in the US is the same or can be upgraded to any international features of the other one.
I'd be happy with a dictionary that works no matter the type of ebook.
This isn't a major issue with me but finding out it only works on Kobo version of a ebook does bring it down a notch compare to the new Nook Touch. I am buying this mainly for my library books and even though I do shop alot at Kobo I liked it to work for both.

I'm fine with Battery life as long as it lasts a week.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 12:07 AM   #96
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Presuming it doesn't cost a ton more in Australia (very unlikely, despite good exchange rates. sigh.) ...will this have proper organisation features? collections, folders, something? I love my kobo but that's what drives me most nutty about it, the lack of good organisation. :/
nashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:45 AM   #97
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
SameerH, perhaps I missed it, but the most important question to me is: will the dictionary work with any ePub file. or only with DRM intact Kobo purchased epubs?

Serious mistake if it only works with DRM laden Kobo purchases!

Donnageddon

P.S. I purchase the majority of my ebooks currently from Kobo, but the DRM gets thrown in the rubbish pile (where it belongs) a few moments later.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #98
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
SameerH, perhaps I missed it, but the most important question to me is: will the dictionary work with any ePub file. or only with DRM intact Kobo purchased epubs?

Serious mistake if it only works with DRM laden Kobo purchases!

Donnageddon

P.S. I purchase the majority of my ebooks currently from Kobo, but the DRM gets thrown in the rubbish pile (where it belongs) a few moments later.
I believe the current system is not based on DRM but on kepub. I don't think the dictionary works with any epub document although I would be wrong. On my Literati it works if I use my keyboard to type in the word so I can get some use from the dictionary. Perhaps the touch screen keyboard will work.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #99
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Thanks DaleDe, I misunderstood what "kepub" meant. I have since looked it up.

For what it is worth, all my Kobo ebook purchases (and other epub stores) work perfectly with the Sony 650 dictionary function.

I am hoping the same will be true with the Kobo Touch Edition dictionary function.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #100
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashira View Post
...will this have proper organisation features? collections, folders, something? I love my kobo but that's what drives me most nutty about it, the lack of good organisation. :/
Seconding this question.
I love organizing stuff.
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #101
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook STR
I've sent an email to kobo support on Sunday
Quote:
I have a few questions which I couldn't have the answer in your FAQ or anywhere else.
I currently use a Sony PRS-700. However, I'd love a better screen and a canadian company will be a plus so that's why I'm interested in the new Kobo reader. Those are my questions:

1) Can we use the dictionary in all epub or just for the kepub?

2) I know you have have 3 sections (reading, trash, Purchased) but do you plan to integrate something like the shelves for the nook or the collections as the Sony's ones? I have to say it's great when you can look for a serie and have all the title in order.

3) Does it support footnotes? I mean when you have a note on a page, you can click on it and go directly to it and come back the same way or not?

Thank you for your time.
I'll let you know when I have a reply
Dedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #102
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDog View Post
Seconding this question.
I love organizing stuff.
I think the only thing I saw was on the Kobo page that says.

Quote:
Build
Your Shortlist
Touch the Heart icon in your library to quickly create shortcuts to your favourite books or current reads.
This does make the Kobo Touch less appealing if you don't have anything like shelves, tags or something like collections for organizing your ebooks.
I am currently on the fence I like the Kobo Touch but I decided to wait till some hands on reviews are posted. I have no way to test drive one but I plan to go the local B&N to try out the new Nook Touch before making my final decision.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:59 AM   #103
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Blossom, you should be able to test drive a Kobo touch later this summer at Best Buy or Walmart in the US.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #104
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I notice the US edition of the Kobo Touch includes Black, Silver, Lilac and Blue ... but the Canadian edition, apparently does NOT include the Blue one. I really wanted the Blue one ...
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #105
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think I saw mention somewhere that Future Shop will carry the Blue one!

Yes... http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ.../10172316.aspx

and

http://twitter.com/#!/kobo/statuses/73055146225049601

Last edited by PeterT; 06-01-2011 at 06:43 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote