Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
Jack Burton
Jack Burton began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 3GS
Question Calibre is not "seeing" my iPhone

Help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I am running Windows XP SP3 and iTunes 10.2.2.

iTunes recognizes that I have my phone plugged in, but Calibre is not detecting any kind of device being connected. I just updated to Calibre 0.8.3 and this just cropped up. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

have tried restarting Calibre with the phone plugged in (with iTunes on and off respectively) and by restarting Calibre then plugging in my phone and nothing has worked so far. What am I doing wrong?

I will include what the device debugger said:

Quote:
Version: 0.8.3
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid27c9&rev0001',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid27ca&rev0001',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid27cb&rev0001',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid27c8&rev0001',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid27cc&rev0001',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201&mi_02',
u'usb\\vid_0556&pid_0001&rev_0001',
u'usb\\vid_0556&pid_0001&rev_0001&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_05ac&pid_1294&rev_0001',
u'usb\\vid_05ac&pid_1294&rev_0001&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_121f&pid_0002&rev_0010']
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\scanner.py", line 84, in __call__
DriveError: No removable drives found
Drives detected:
Available plugins: ALEX ALURATEK_COLOR ANDROID ARCHOS7O AVANT AZBOOKA BAMBOOK BLACKBERRY
BOEYE_BDX BOEYE_BEX BOOQ BOOX COOL_ER CYBOOK DBOOK E52 E71X EB511
EB600 EBK52 ECLICTO EDGE EEEREADER ELONEX ESLICK
FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG GEMEI GER2 HANLINV3 HANLINV5 ILIAD INVESBOOK
IPAPYRUS IREXDR1000 IREXDR800 IRIVER_STORY ITALICA ITUNES JETBOOK
JETBOOK_MINI KINDLE KINDLE2 KINDLE_DX KOBO LUMIREAD MENTOR MIBUK N516
N770 N810 NEWSMY NEXTBOOK NOOK NOOK_COLOR NOOK_TSR NUUT2 ORIZON
PALMPRE PDNOVEL PDNOVEL_KOBO PICO POCKETBOOK301 POCKETBOOK360
POCKETBOOK602 POCKETBOOK701 PRS505 README S60 SHINEBOOK SNE SOVOS
SPECTRA STASH SUNSTECH_EB700 SWEEX TECLAST_K3 THEBOOK TREKSTOR
USER_DEFINED VELOCITYMICRO WEXLER

Looking for devices...
u'usb\\vid_05ac&pid_1294&rev_0001'
u'usb\\vid_05ac&pid_1294&rev_0001&mi_00'

Devices possibly connected: None

Thank you very much!

Jack
Jack Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You do not need Calibre to recognize your iPhone (although the reason it does not is probably because the relvant device driver is disabled), as the recommended way of Calibre interacting with Apple devices is via the Connect to iTunes feature as documented in the sticky at the top of this forum.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
Jack Burton

Sorry, I must've forgotten to put that I have tried that as well. Nothing will transfer over to iTunes so I can put it on my *&^#!ing device. I have books staring at me- ready to be read and yet I can't.

Also, when you click "Connect to iTunes" is supposed to "do" anything? When I click connect to- the link disappears as if I have done something and yet I am still stymied.

Thanks
Old 05-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Normally I have iTunes already running. In theory Calibre should be able to start iTunes and I never rely on that.

When you click the "Connect to iTunes" option then two things should become visible:
- The bottom of the screen should update itself to say it is connected to iTunes
- The 'onDevice' column should appear which then gets updated to indicate if any Calibre books are on the iDevice.

If that is not happening, then I am not sure what that implies.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
Jack Burton

Damn and blast. I have nothing occurring whatsoever when I attempt to connect. IF i were to uninstall and try again...would that destroy my library?
Old 05-31-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard

Uninstalling Calibre leaves your Calibre library intact (and also your Calibre settings). Not sure if that will help, but it is definitely worth trying.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
Jack Burton

Okay, I have now uninstalled/re-installed Calibre and nothing has changed. Mood has been downgraded from actively annoyed to mildly frustrated. Any other thoughts? I appreciate the help!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:40 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does iTunes see the iPhone?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:44 AM   #9
Ry-man
Ry-man began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4 and iPad 2
I just installed Calibre and am having the same issue. I've followed the steps to Connect to iTunes, and have iTunes actively running... and clicking on Connect to iTunes does nothing. It just sits there.

I was worried that I had set something up wrong, but it's interesting that a user who has already been using it is suddenly having this issue.
Ry-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:33 AM   #10
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Have you followed the 'Quick Start' directions in the FAQ?
After selecting 'Connect to iTunes' from the Connect/Share menu, you should see:
  • the Jobs spinner in the lower right corner animate for a period of time
  • the status bar at the bottom of the window change to "..::.. Connected iTunes"
  • An iTunes icon added to the top menu bar to the right of the library icon.
Do you have iBooks installed on your iDevice?
Do you have a single iDevice connected?
If you're still having problems, follow the instructions in the FAQ to create a ticket with a debug log.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
Jack Burton

Bug report submitted