Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Does ebookutils work on Mac OS X?

Apparently, we have PDFRead 1.8.2 working on Mac OS X and Beta Mac OS X Publication Tools (equilavent to the ebook Publisher software for windows), so my question is:
Does impserve and/or impbuild work well in MAC OS X? Which version?
Care to comment (or wiki edit) which programs listed in the IMP software wiki actually work on MAC OS X?

Last edited by nrapallo; 10-09-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: fixed wiki link (it's case sensitive!!!)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Edread2html.py WORKS on OS X.
mobidedrm.py WORKS on OS X
convertlit has been ported to OS X (Convert LIT to HTML)
Makedoc has been ported to OS X (Make Ereader docs)
Impserve launches on OS X (Un able to test though as I haven't gotten the USB driver for it yet)

Impbuild I can not get to compile, but I know nothing about C programming so that is not surprising.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
Edread2html.py WORKS on OS X.
mobidedrm.py WORKS on OS X
convertlit has been ported to OS X (Convert LIT to HTML)
Makedoc has been ported to OS X (Make Ereader docs)
Impserve launches on OS X (Un able to test though as I haven't gotten the USB driver for it yet)

Impbuild I can not get to compile, but I know nothing about C programming so that is not surprising.
Well good to know we have representation from the Mac camp here as well!

derrell got the eb1150 usb driver woking on linux and I have used it with Ubuntu 8.04 and impserve. It requires the usblib-dev to work, but I would think it should compile on OSX, no?

Another feather in the cap, if it does.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-24-2008 at 07:26 PM. Reason: added link to eb1150
Old 09-24-2008, 07:10 PM   #4
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
derrell got the eb1150 usb driver woking on linux and I have used it with Ubuntu 8.04 and impserve. It requires the usblib-dev to work, but I would think it should compile on OSX, no?
It should yes. Unfortunately I'm not skilled enough in C to make the changes to get it to compile correctly either. I'm more then willing to beta test anything someone comes up with though. Would be nice to have an all mac solution for things, for now I just use the one remaining windows box in the house for my ebooks.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:39 AM   #5
nrapallo

Does the mob2imp.pl script work in MACOSX i.e. create a .imp ebook? If PDFRead can do it, then Mobi2IMP should too.

I know the installer and GUI are windows specific, but the perl script is what is used to compile that windows executable to begin with.

True, it needs to be passed various parameters the right way, but it shouldn't be too hard for someone with a bit of programming experience and motivation ( ) to design a wrapper or GUI for it.

That's what I did when I re-used ashkulz's NSIS installer idea to create the Mobi2IMP GUI. Never heard of NSIS before that!

Just wondering...
Advert
Old 09-26-2008, 08:48 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just remember, not all versions of OS X are alike. You should get people to tell you which version of OS X is being used.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #7
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?

Quote:
True, it needs to be passed various parameters the right way, but it shouldn't be too hard for someone with a bit of programming experience and motivation ( ) to design a wrapper or GUI for it.
Someone should be able to do it that's for sure. I'll check out the mobi2imp script for you today.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just remember, not all versions of OS X are alike. You should get people to tell you which version of OS X is being used.
Leopard here. 10.5.5.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #9
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
Leopard here. 10.5.5.
Is this just for the programs you previously stated above that work on Mac OSX? Not mobi2imp.pl yet, right?

When/if you get mobi2imp.pl to work too, could you give a brief explanation of what was required to get it working and what command was used to get the conversion to .imp to work!

I don't mean to be singling you out ( ), shighfield, just curious.

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-26-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #10
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?

Quote:
Is this just for the programs you previously stated above that work on Mac OSX? Not mobi2imp.pl yet, right?
Yes I still haven't gotten mobi2imp working yet... I am having to read a lot on python so it's slow going.

Quote:
When/if you get mobi2imp.pl to work too, could you give a brief explanation of what was required to get it working and what command was used to get the conversion to .imp to work!
Of course!
Quote:
I don't mean to be singling you out ( ), shighfield, just curious.
I might be the only OS X user with the 1150... ;0

Shawn
Old 10-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #11
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
So I guess this is a non-starter still?

I have a MBP, so I guess I will try with Boot Camp.
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #12
nrapallo

Is the usb cable functional when using the eBookwise 1150 on the MacBook Pro? (re: accessing your online bookshelf or ETI servers for conversions)

If so, then impserve should work. Give it a go, and if (when) you get stuck, just respond here with what is not working and we'll help. That's what we do here...
Old 10-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #13
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
Thanks for the info! I installed the Mac USB driver but haven't tried it yet.

I'll look at setting up impserve, I wish there was a simple compiled Mac app. But looking at how ipserve works it doesn't look too hard, once it's configured and running everything seems to be done on the device-side.
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #14
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmedia View Post
Thanks for the info! I installed the Mac USB driver but haven't tried it yet.

I'll look at setting up impserve, I wish there was a simple compiled Mac app. But looking at how ipserve works it doesn't look too hard, once it's configured and running everything seems to be done on the device-side.
Impserve works "Out of the box" on the mac. Just need to get the USB driver going... I haven't had any luck on that part yet, but I believe other's have.

Let us know!
Old 10-22-2008, 10:03 AM   #15
nrapallo

Quote:
Is the usb cable functional when using the eBookwise 1150 on the MacBook Pro? (re: accessing your online bookshelf or ETI servers for conversions)
Bump.