Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
coubi64
coubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Mini
PocketBook Basic Touch (624): your opinion

Hello Everybody,

I have a Kobo Mini, and I'm very interested in trying a PB 624 but screen resolution is lower than the Kobo Mini.

If i could make my own ereader, it would be this PB 624 but with a better resolution and maybe light, everything else suits me on this ereader. Does it already exists? Should I wait? What is your opinion on this PB 624?
coubi64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:15 AM   #2
walan
Connoisseur
walan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with otherswalan plays well with others

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Hi,
I have the Touch Lux with backlight. Wouldn't this be a better option? I just can't imagine how people read without that option. I usually read in the late evening and a external light source would be annoying for my wife when she want's to sleep...
The Pocketbook Touch Lux also has a higher resolution then both Kobo Mini and Basic Touch (PB 624) as well as backlight.

Both Touch Lux and Basic Touch have a 6 inch screen and not 5 inch as the Kobo Mini. In case you want the smaller size try the Pocketbook Mini (5 inch, no backlight) with the same resolution as the Kobo Mini I believe.

Check out their website http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us

My opinion on the Pocketbooks in general is very positive, although there could be some improvements.

Regards
walan
walan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #3
apos
Zealot
apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: 623 Touch Lux, 912 Pro (selled), Surfpad 4 L, Waiting for CAD-Reader !
Take the Touch Lux!

You'll definitely miss the lightning. It doesn't consume a lot of power, is really useful and adds very goog contrast while reading, even if light is available.

Greets
apos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:31 AM   #4
Diablob
Diablob began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 624
Thumbs down 624

Quote:
Originally Posted by coubi64 View Post
Hello Everybody,

I have a Kobo Mini, and I'm very interested in trying a PB 624 but screen resolution is lower than the Kobo Mini.

If i could make my own ereader, it would be this PB 624 but with a better resolution and maybe light, everything else suits me on this ereader. Does it already exists? Should I wait? What is your opinion on this PB 624?
I have this reader. My opinion is worst than I expected.

First thing what I dont like is option.
You cannot set default option of fbreader and adobe viewer like type of font, size font and other. You cannot set what reader use like default to view your book. I use some tips from this forum about that and this function but not on reader. Reader is very slow. I use update 4.4 but this is same like update before. Touch display not react correctly, very often use must touch repeatly 2x,3x. AdobeViever cannot set any default setting by user, This app uses only default setting by firmware. Font and size you must set on every book what you read. Adobe viewer is very very slow. Change size of text is horrible thing. I prefer fbreader app and I try to use primary, because adobe viever isnt usable. Its my forst e-book reader and I not happy with this product.
Diablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #5
christian.PbBT62
christian.PbBT62 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Basic Touch
have a look to my post on trouble-free service life of my PocketBook :

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=269903

Last edited by christian.PbBT62; 01-22-2016 at 12:20 PM.
christian.PbBT62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert