Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 07:15 AM   #1111
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Nice Graham!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #1112
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Very very nice!
From me and my baby, Charley (a 6 yr old shih tzu)
Deb
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #1113
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Just read a few of the last pages.
Think I'm done.
Though I didn't see sages
Neither did I see dumb.

I saw mostly sorrow
And hearts weak and weary
And I think for tomorrow
The forecast is even more dreary.

Enough of that
I'm done.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #1114
Graham Coulson
Magic mushroom tester
Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2
Exclamation "Sorrow", you say ????? Read the JOY in mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Just read a few of the last pages.
Think I'm done.
Though I didn't see sages
Neither did I see dumb.

I saw mostly sorrow
And hearts weak and weary
And I think for tomorrow
The forecast is even more dreary.

Enough of that
I'm done.

Perhaps you'd like to write something then, eh?!
Graham Coulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:22 AM   #1115
Graham Coulson
Magic mushroom tester
Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Exclamation Message to SeaKing

In Friendship, perhaps... (and then again, perhaps not!)

Critique less harshly – instead join in Friendship!
I write not with honeyed words to win your praise;
I simply let you have my contribution,
Such as you need to cheer your emptier days.

Friendship requires no gilt-edged invitation,
No pathway of stars, no banquet table spread;
Friendship, as such, comes unadorned and humble,
Asking for naught and giving all instead.

Friendship elicits content whate’er the moment,
Sharing the good, the bad, the frowns and smiles;
Friendship extends a broad and amiable shoulder,
And reaches a gentle hand across the miles.

No thoughts have I of falsehood or deception,
Of using such Friendship for some selfish end;
So, if you can say in truth, “I value friendship”,
Take this my hand and I will call you “Friend” !
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #1116
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Coulson View Post
In Friendship, perhaps... (and then again, perhaps not!)

Critique less harshly – instead join in Friendship!
I write not with honeyed words to win your praise;
I simply let you have my contribution,
Such as you need to cheer your emptier days.

Friendship requires no gilt-edged invitation,
No pathway of stars, no banquet table spread;
Friendship, as such, comes unadorned and humble,
Asking for naught and giving all instead.

Friendship elicits content whate’er the moment,
Sharing the good, the bad, the frowns and smiles;
Friendship extends a broad and amiable shoulder,
And reaches a gentle hand across the miles.

No thoughts have I of falsehood or deception,
Of using such Friendship for some selfish end;
So, if you can say in truth, “I value friendship”,
Take this my hand and I will call you “Friend” !
Thanks for the happy thoughts.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #1117
Graham Coulson
Magic mushroom tester

Arrow Is this thread in terminal disuse ?

This User Poetry thread is about as active as the frozen remains of Ötzi the Iceman!!

Surely it's gotta be somebody else's go next, before I post another of my 'orrible odes...

C'mon folks, somebody please... ???

Old 10-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #1118
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Post away....I've not done anything recently as I've been focused on prose (unsuccessfully so far ).
Old 10-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #1119
Graham Coulson
Magic mushroom tester

Nothing of what I've seen you write can be remotely described as unsuccessful.

As for me going ahead and posting --- Okay, but only after A.N. Other's contribution !
Old 10-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #1120
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Who is this A.N. Other ?
If we wait for him / her,
we may wait forever ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #1121
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Coulson View Post
This User Poetry thread is about as active as the frozen remains of Ötzi the Iceman!!

Surely it's gotta be somebody else's go next, before I post another of my 'orrible odes...

C'mon folks, somebody please... ???

Nowt wrong with your odes .....
Old 10-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #1122
GeoffC

We took the High Road ….

we drove out west before the call of dawn;
the maiden of the night shone bright
her suitors gathered round;

as miles flew past the sky grew hale
those nightly folk did pale;
we watched as mountains far and proud
did shed their nightly gowns;

first they took a tinge of dawn
upon their brows
of greys, of pinks, of mauves;

then as we rose through straths and glens
that teasing light did ease away the shrouds;
and in the silence of the morning glens
we took a breath, so very deep, of
malted grain that hangs and waits
whilst it does age;

the light grew bold and warm,
and on the lofty bens, soft pillows wrapped them round;
a gentle breeze fluffed up the down
and shy became the sun,
so by the noon
the clouds began to cry;

by side of loch, (so dark with peat, and deep,)
the wind began to whip and sculpt
such waves until the mirror dulled;
and followed we the water course
until we passed the shed;

we drove on down the other side
but still the skies were grey;
an eagle flew across our sight
and stag did stand his ground
upon the lofty brae;

we turned and laboured through the rain
up through strath and glen,
again;

the mountain tops were there somewhere
though washed away from view;

but as we dropped the clouds did thin,
and rain we left behind;

we drove on east
as shadows grew
to point the way back home;

the maiden was still a-bed by then
though her suitors were lining up;

It was a day so blessed with life,
it was....
who cares about the rain!

25 October 2011
Old 10-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #1123
kennyc

Excellent Geoff! Bravo!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #1124
Graham Coulson
Magic mushroom tester

Thumbs up We took the High Road

I second Kenny's sentiments --- full of the colours and feel of Scoland. I love it!

Perhaps between us we can revivify this thread...(?)
Old 10-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #1125
kennyc

I'm all for revivification!

Tags
poetry, squirrelku