Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 01-31-2003, 05:30 AM   #46
Flash-58
Flash-58 began at the beginning.

I've wanted to completely switch from AvantGo to iSilo for some time now, but I was worried I could not get my MyYahoo page with iSilo.

Well, I followed the instructions I found in this thread. It is not at all what I expected. With the Avantgo version of MyYahoo, I get a short and sweet set of pages with just the sports score I want, movies for specific theatres, and a few news stories. That's all I need. It took up about 300k.

But, when I use the URL included at the beginning of this thread, I seem to get EVERYTHING Yahoo has to offer. iSilo has been converting MyYahoo for the last 20 minutes now and I'm afraid that the file will be several Megabytes long. I've seen it converting dozens of pages I've never heard of before (E! Online, horoscopes, etc.) and it doesn't look to be finishing anytime soon. I'm tempted to just let it go to see how big the file gets, but I only have 15 Meg free on my memory stick.

Is this normal?
Old 02-03-2003, 02:04 AM   #47
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
You can download exactly what you want from Yahoo with iSiloX, but you need to do some manual configurations first. See the Yahoo channels that I included in the latest release of WCC (1.1.0). If you are missing something, please tell me!
Old 02-16-2003, 04:58 PM   #48
william
william began at the beginning.

I got this to work for everything but mail. Even though the link for mail works fine in my browser I can not get it to work in iSiloX. Even at a depth of 3 I get hundreds of pages but can't get past the login on the email login page.
Old 02-16-2003, 05:14 PM   #49
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

William, did you check my latest Web Channel Collection (v1.1.0)? It included YahooMail. All you have to do is edit the url and adjust to your USERNAME and PASSWORD.

Greets
Old 03-03-2003, 09:42 PM   #50
oldspice
oldspice began at the beginning.

howdy, i don't seem to be getting all the data when i set up my yahoo movies. i get my theater listing as well as the movies playing at each theater, but when i click a movie to view it's time, i get a bunch of html code.

i've followed the directions in the thread very closely (correct url, cookie recieve and send enabled, etc.), but seem to be missing something.

any assitance would be appreciated! thanks.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:57 PM   #51
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Oldspice,

attached you find a prepared iSiloX file for Yahoo Movies. You must go to the Channel Properties -> Source and change the internet url with your username and password.

The downloaded file Movie List is fairly small, however it can take some time to download due to the amount of links.

If you don't want to download a small description of each movie, you can remove 'action=getsnpss' from the Links -> Url Filters -> Inclusion Filters.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: ixl ymovies.ixl (3.3 KB, 1065 views)
Old 03-27-2003, 07:28 PM   #52
kizer
kizer began at the beginning.

Device: T-Mobile SideKick
Its rather odd, but the link with the password doesn't appear to work for me anymore. Ive tried it on my hand held device and on my pc.

It asks me to login now.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:44 PM   #53
Kitt
Kitt began at the beginning.

OK, this is all new to me. Why is everyone using My Yahoo, and what is the advantage of Isilox over Advantgo? I have Advantgo on my Toshiba e740, but have not yet activated it? Tell me more.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:31 AM   #54
kizer
kizer began at the beginning.

Device: T-Mobile SideKick
Kitt some of us use yahoos email and even the movies and finanical stuff.
Old 03-28-2003, 02:40 AM   #55
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally posted by kizer
Its rather odd, but the link with the password doesn't appear to work for me anymore. Ive tried it on my hand held device and on my pc.

It asks me to login now.
Hey Kizer,

See here.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:57 PM   #56
emale07
Enthusiast
emale07 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
This works perfectly for me UNTIL I click on a particular message to view - then it goes back to the dreadful "sign in" page.

any ideas?
Old 08-12-2003, 08:37 AM   #57
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally posted by emale07
This works perfectly for me UNTIL I click on a particular message to view - then it goes back to the dreadful "sign in" page.

any ideas?
That seems to be fixed now and the old links appear to be working again (as of today, 12 August 03).
Old 10-06-2003, 06:59 AM   #58
1f1n1te
1f1n1te began at the beginning.

Device: Eee701 / Pixel Qi equipped devices
Yahoo Mobile: Offsite links in iSilo

In addition to enabling cookies, I had to enable offsite links in the iSiloX record for Yahoo Mobile. Then it worked great.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:03 AM   #59
1f1n1te
1f1n1te began at the beginning.

Device: Eee701 / Pixel Qi equipped devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitt
what is the advantage of Isilox over Advantgo?
One advantage of iSiloX is for Mac users. AvantGo does not work with Mac, but iSiloX has a Mac version.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:28 PM   #60
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Speaking of regular expressions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
The particular RegEx I wrote for MyYahoo Mail is more complex; it uses techniques like lookahead assertion.
Speaking of regular expressions, here is one I wrote in my own perl web spider (used to fetch and convert webpages into Plucker format), that will strip Javascript and CSS style blocks from the page before it is parsed (since we don't deal with those elements, they're only taking up useless space in RAM at parse time, why not remove them!)

$content =~ s!<(s(?:cript|tyle))[^>]*>.*?</\1>!!gis

Works like a champ. Look at that beautiful backtracking and how I recycle the redundant parts of the regex, to combine two into one.

Perl++