Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 02:25 AM   #1
mjt57
Connoisseur
mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle app on iPad and iPhone
Calibre Not Detecting Kindle PPW

I have the second gen Kindle Paperwhite. However, for some reason Calibre isn't seeing it.

I'm running Windows 10 64bit. Caibre Ver 3.9 64bit.

Windows detects the Kindle and I can access it via File Explorer.

One thing that is different. I have Calibre's library set up on Dropbox so I can use the same library and be up to date on my desktop and laptop computers. Calibre sees it a c:\users\myname\dropbox\calibre

Thanks
mjt57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57 View Post
I have the second gen Kindle Paperwhite. However, for some reason Calibre isn't seeing it.

I'm running Windows 10 64bit. Caibre Ver 3.9 64bit.

Windows detects the Kindle and I can access it via File Explorer.

One thing that is different. I have Calibre's library set up on Dropbox so I can use the same library and be up to date on my desktop and laptop computers. Calibre sees it a c:\users\myname\dropbox\calibre

Thanks
Try following the instructions in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118560

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:09 AM   #3
mjt57
Connoisseur
mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Peter. I'm running the debug process now. All other steps in Kovid's instructions have been followed. Nothing else is connected, unless you call the mouse and keyboard connections conflicting devices. The drivers and plugins are enabled, nothing in the ignored list and Windows Explorer sees it as a connected USB drive (I can access the Documents folder where all of my ebooks are stored).

How long is this debug process supposed to take? It's been 15 minutes now.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:09 AM   #4
mjt57
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Thanks. Doing it now.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:57 PM   #5
mjt57
Connoisseur

Just an update. That debug process seems to not want to work. I had it sitting there with the Kindle connected for about 2 hours. The Debug window was open and processing. Nothing was produced, however, so I aborted it.

What else can I do?

Thanks.

Thing is, I'm sending ebooks to the Kindle via the "connect/share" method. This is working and it allows me to sync books between it and the iPad Kindle app.

But that doesn't allow me to easily manage the library.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:39 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The debug window you need to use is Preferences->Miscellaneous->Debug device detection, if that is producing no output, then something is severly wrong, try running

calibre-debug -d

ina command prompt window with your device connected and post the output from there.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote