Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-24-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
What do you use for screen savers?

For some reason, I'm mesmerized by the kindle's 4 bit greyscale e-ink graphic. I used the work of these two artists for screen savers

Sam Flores

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-FLORES/53999872338

Nanami Cowdroy

http://www.nthread.net/

Post yours
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I like to coordinate.

I made a screensaver to match and line up with my decalgirl skin, then added, "this kindle belongs to ___________, with my cellphone number.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mykss.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	60194  
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I wish that you could set the screen saver to use the book covers of all the books on your Kindle.
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I like to coordinate.

I made a screensaver to match and line up with my decalgirl skin, then added, "this kindle belongs to ___________, with my cellphone number.
nicely done! if I were to do anything that would be it. I don't worry about book covers or anything else, I just read it!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
I use the cover for whatever book I am reading. As I only read one book at a time, works great for me.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
I use the cover for whatever book I am reading. As I only read one book at a time, works great for me.
Ditto. It feels more like a book that way. And when someone asks what I'm reading at the moment... just one flick of the switch
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #7
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
nicely done! if I were to do anything that would be it. I don't worry about book covers or anything else, I just read it!
Thanks! In the event that I do accidentally leave it somewhere, I'd like to at least give the finder the opportunity to do the right thing by calling me. If my number is right there on the screen, maybe it would make the decision easier.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #8
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I've recently converted some scenic photos of trips to screensavers and placed some text in the corner offering a reward and my initials and email address.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:37 PM   #9
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
I use some of the animal and scenic pictures from this site: http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/b...0Screensavers/ Thank you 911jason! I also use some of the original "dead author" screensavers that came with the Kindle and also use pictures of other authors that I like that I downloaded from the Web. With NiLuJe's screensaver hack in place, I have set it to randomize the screensaver files so there is no set order.

Holly

Last edited by OakIris; 10-25-2010 at 01:41 PM.
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

I generally use a photo I've taken. A few weeks ago on KindleBoards they had a long thread about a K3 a someone found and the trouble she had trying to find the owner. Since then I've incorporated my name, email adrress, and phone number into the screensavers just in case I leave my K3 someplace and an honest, kind soul finds it. Here is an example:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sample-screensaver.png
Views:	238
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	60207  
Old 10-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #11
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I thought about putting my info on the screensaver but did not want to ruin the aesthetic, so instead I set my kindle's name to my name and phone number. Yes it allows that.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #12
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I thought about putting my info on the screensaver but did not want to ruin the aesthetic, so instead I set my kindle's name to my name and phone number. Yes it allows that.
Excellent idea - thank you for that, Barty. I didn't even think about doing that, but have now changed my Kindle's name as well. Now if I misplace my Kindle (please don't let that happen ,) and, as stated by jswinden, "an honest, kind soul finds it" I have a chance of getting it back.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I use mostly personal images. I really like texture, so I have a lot of macro shots of interesting textures as well as some architectural images I've shot. All are labeled with my contact information in a corner (which I've done since K1).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #14
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
If I may ask, where does this info show up? If I've password protected the kindle, does it overlay the screen saver? I just entered the info and I don't see it.

Thanks in advance
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:13 AM   #15
manou
Grand Seamstress
manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
If I may ask, where does this info show up? If I've password protected the kindle, does it overlay the screen saver? I just entered the info and I don't see it.

Thanks in advance
I used Paint to put 'Manou's Kindle, if found please contact XXXXXX' on the sceensaver image.
manou is offline   Reply With Quote