Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
How is Customer Support?

I just found a broken Nook on eBay and while it's wending its way through the US Postal Service, I'd like to get some feedback on the response/turnaround time for Nook repairs? (Don't bother looking for another just yet, I already grabbed this one for $40.)

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
I don't think I've ever heard of a NOOK being repaired. They're all still under the original one-year manufacturer's warranty, so if it's a warranty problem, B&N simply ships a new NOOK.

If the NOOK is physically damaged and the owner didn't buy coverage against that, the NOOK is probably worthless. I don't think that B&N has a repair facility for NOOK.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2010, 09:55 PM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Pardee View Post
I don't think I've ever heard of a NOOK being repaired. They're all still under the original one-year manufacturer's warranty, so if it's a warranty problem, B&N simply ships a new NOOK.

If the NOOK is physically damaged and the owner didn't buy coverage against that, the NOOK is probably worthless. I don't think that B&N has a repair facility for NOOK.
They *say* they do, but they point out that non-warranty repairs (swaps?) cost. I more wanted time-frame feedback.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:15 PM   #4
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
Call them and ask. 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:22 AM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard

I plan to, once the Nook actually arrives. These types always want to know serial numbers.
Advert