Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
question on format selection

I have a project I want to do just for me.

I want to make illustrated versions of about 8 books I reread often.
I realize that the current crop of Eink devices only do grayscale, but I plan to continue rereading these books for years to come.
Eventually there will be color, and I use LCD tablets a lot.
These are my best friends, my refuge as it were.

A couple I have in .lit, 3 others are available in multiple formats, and the others I will need to scan. The illustrations i want to use are in .jpeg or .tiff form
The 2 lit books have multiple spelling errors that I can fix by buying a new copy, as they are also available (assuming the editing has been corrected).

Is there one of the flowing text formats that will handle illustrations well?
I have only done this sort of thing with .doc files before.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
HTML.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
I have a project I want to do just for me.

I want to make illustrated versions of about 8 books I reread often.
I realize that the current crop of Eink devices only do grayscale, but I plan to continue rereading these books for years to come.
Eventually there will be color, and I use LCD tablets a lot.
These are my best friends, my refuge as it were.

A couple I have in .lit, 3 others are available in multiple formats, and the others I will need to scan. The illustrations i want to use are in .jpeg or .tiff form
The 2 lit books have multiple spelling errors that I can fix by buying a new copy, as they are also available (assuming the editing has been corrected).

Is there one of the flowing text formats that will handle illustrations well?
I have only done this sort of thing with .doc files before.
ePUB, LIT, others, see the wiki. You can make these fairly easily.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote