Old 02-20-2017, 04:15 AM   #1
Antol
Antol began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Stuck on Diagnostic mode

Hi!

Looks like my Kindle Fire is stuck.
[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Only that screen is showing up when turning it ON. I've heard that i should delete "enable_diags" file from device but cant get it connected to my PC. The only thing that i've done further was installing libusb drivers so KFTT showed up on Device Manager. But still cant connect fully with my Kindle to have access to files inside of it.

Any ideas?
Best wishes,
Antol

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-27-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Antol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:59 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
ENABLE_DIAGS applies to e-ink Kindle devices, not Fire tablets which are Android based. Even for e-ink Kindles, that file wouldn't be on the device unless you put it there.

I don't know the cause of your problem, but it look like something wiped out the device's information about itself. "DSN" is device serial number and should not be all zeros.

I would call Amazon, but if it isn't still under warranty then it's probably toast.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines may be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote