Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 08-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
[Tips & Tricks] Maximizing Marvin's Collections feature

If you're a Marvin user, you already know that you can use Marvin's organizer to easily view subsets of your library with Smart Collections. This feature makes it easy to filter by a variety of criteria - Author, Series, Subject ('tags' in calibre), length, New/Reading list/Read flags, and many more.

With all of these ways to view your library, why would you need custom collections?

Here's one application of custom collections that works well for me.

I often come across reviews of books that make me want to add a book to my reading list, but I'd like to be able to remember where the recommendation came from later on.

For example, if I come across an interesting review in the Sunday NYTimes Books section, I add that book to a collection named 'NYTimes'. To see all of the books on my 'NYTimes' reading list, I simply open Marvin's organizer and tap the NYTimes collection.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote