Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #61
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamARobot View Post
Did you end up recently doing a reset with the SD card in the slot?

When I did that stuff seemed to get really messed up. I removed the microSD and then factory reset the Kobo without the card in it, and that brought it back to more "normal" behavior.
Thanks! Yes, I did recently reset the KT with the SD card inserted. I will try this and report.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #62
RasAlhague
Enthusiast
RasAlhague began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Returned), Kobo Touch, Ipod Touch 4G
Ever since upgrading to this firmware and doing a factory reset due to loading books with Calibre, I'm having problems with my shortlist. Is anyone also experiencing this? Whenever I touch the heart next to the book, it turns dark (indicating that it's been added to the shortlist) for about half a second and goes back to it's original color like I've deselected it.

In short, I can't put books in my shortlist. Anybody got an idea on how to fix this problem?
RasAlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 01:38 AM   #63
ScrabbleDude
ScrabbleDude began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RasAlhague View Post
Ever since upgrading to this firmware and doing a factory reset due to loading books with Calibre, I'm having problems with my shortlist. Is anyone also experiencing this? Whenever I touch the heart next to the book, it turns dark (indicating that it's been added to the shortlist) for about half a second and goes back to it's original color like I've deselected it.

In short, I can't put books in my shortlist. Anybody got an idea on how to fix this problem?
It seems slower to me to add something to my shortlist than it used to be. I tapped the heart, nothing happened, I tapped it again and then it went dark and cleared again. Happened the other night. I was more patient on my next attempt and it worked okay, but it was slow.
ScrabbleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #64
Jeff1192
Connoisseur
Jeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo touch
Anyone else having issues with their Kobo Touch freezing lately. Every once in a while (and it's not often) when I turn it on and open a book I can't change a page and no other touch functions work either (the home button still works though). The only way to get it working again is to turn it off and then back on again and it's fine.

Jeff
Jeff1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #65
Pistos
Connoisseur
Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

@Jeff1192: I've experienced that maybe two or three times, but not lately. I read about once a day on average, maybe 10 to 30 page turns each session.
Pistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #66
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I've had that happen exactly once. I've since read the entirety of The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring without incident.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #67
Nina182B
Connoisseur
Nina182B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Cybook Opus, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1192 View Post
Anyone else having issues with their Kobo Touch freezing lately. Every once in a while (and it's not often) when I turn it on and open a book I can't change a page and no other touch functions work either (the home button still works though). The only way to get it working again is to turn it off and then back on again and it's fine.

Jeff
This happened to me within 5 minutes of reading your post, lol. I woke it up from sleep mode and was brought to the page I was last at. And it froze. First time it's happened right out of sleep.

It's happened twice before but in the middle of reading something. I've been reading every day since the 1.9.9 release, at least an hour each day.
Nina182B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:48 AM   #68
nightlite
nightlite began at the beginning.

When is the new update coming out?
nightlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #69
SF&F Reader
Groupie
SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch, Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy SII HD LTE
When it's ready, I hope.

SF&F Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:47 PM   #70
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF&F Reader View Post
When it's ready, I hope.

ditto
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote