Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 08:06 AM   #1
Fragz
Fragz began at the beginning.

Device: none
New Iphone; keeping texts and photos?

Hey im new to this forum so if im not doing this right let me know

Anyway i tried looking for a thread already answering this question but i couldn't find one, so here goes;

I have an Iphone 3G. I'm getting a new iphone, the Iphone 4. Now i was wondering if there was any way for me to transfer all the contacts, texts and photos from my iphone 3G to my new iphone 4. I haven't gotten it yet so maybe this is done automatically, but if not can anyone tell me how to do this?

One other (unrelated) question: My 3G has become VERY slow, i tried turning off all the internet pages, the search thing and all the push messages but it hasn't really worked. I had the 3G for about 2 years now.

Thanks
Fragz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
witeowl
Hopeless Geek
witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color (manual nooter)
I assume you're syncing your iPhone to your computer? When you first sync your new iPhone to your computer, it will ask you if you want it to be set up as a new iPhone or restored from the backup of your old iPhone. You'll restore it from the backup. Simple.
witeowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 06:22 AM   #3
Fragz
Fragz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Oh. Now i feel kind of stupid haha.

Thank you very much
Fragz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragz View Post
One other (unrelated) question: My 3G has become VERY slow, i tried turning off all the internet pages, the search thing and all the push messages but it hasn't really worked. I had the 3G for about 2 years now.
I don't know if you are still using 3G, but I'd say upload your photos and delete them off the phone if you can, and delete the history pages of your Safari cache periodically. The thing that really worked was a battery change (I dropped my phone into the toilet and it died; revived with every data intact after battery pack changed) which improved the speed of my phone remarkably.

I got mine changed in Singapore for S$30 (~US$25)
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote