Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Kobo WIFI and deleting books with Calibre

Hi

I found a bug with deleting books from the Wifi version of the Kobo (and the 1.8 beta for the original).

I had not included the content_keys table in the delete process so it will leave rows in the content_keys table. I suspect that this will cause an issue if you attempt to add the same book back to the device but I have not tested it.

The fix is in the next release of Calibre (0.7.30).

If you have deleted books from your wifi version using Calibre you have two options. You can do a factory reset and resync/readd all your books. The second option is to delete the extra rows from your database. I can provide a sql statement to do that later today if anyone want to go that route.

The third option is to just let it alone. If you run into any issues you can try something then.

For those using the Beta of 1.8 (for the original Kobo) you can simply reinstall the update.

When 1.8 arrives (or if you buy a Wifi) you should ensure that you are running the latest version of Calibre (0.7.30+).

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
So far, Tim, deleting the books from the device using the delete books option has not seemed to create any problems that I have noticed.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Hi

I found a bug with deleting books from the Wifi version of the Kobo (and the 1.8 beta for the original).

I had not included the content_keys table in the delete process so it will leave rows in the content_keys table. I suspect that this will cause an issue if you attempt to add the same book back to the device but I have not tested it.
AH

That might explain the problem I had

I thought it might have been a Kobo issue!

I had a book where I had messed up the title. I dropped it via Calibre; ejected; let it update; then changed the name and re-added it.

It never showed up in the list of books on the Kobo, but, when I reattached the Kobo the book showed up briefly as being on the unit, before disappearing.

I could add the book via ADE, but decided in the end to wipe the Kobo and start from scratch.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
prdufresne
prdufresne began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
I have tried deleting some of the default books from the Kobo using calibre, but they still showed up in the book list, but when you tried accessing the book, it indicated the book was locked. Somehow, the cover at and db entry are still there.

That said, I'm using 0.7.29 which I downloaded today. I didn't realize there was a 0.7.30.

(Windows user)
prdufresne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:16 AM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Usually, the updates for Calibre are released on Friday on the No American side of the international date line. I am very much looking forward to 0.7.30!
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert