Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2017, 12:17 PM   #31
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
That sucks. I continue to recommend professional consultation with an occupational therapist.
Agreed. No one here can provide adequate help for an issue like this.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:17 PM   #32
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
All you can hope to get from general forums like this are the standard responses suitable for more typical RSI situations - and it sounds like you've tried a lot of those already. And, let's face it, a lot of ergonomic stuff sold on the 'net are gimmicks with little or no good evidence that they make any difference.

So I think meeera is right. From what I've read here your situation is not typical RSI - it may not even be RSI - and to get useful help you will need in-person consultations. I see you have also tried some, but the best I can suggest is that you need to keep on trying until you find someone that can help. If it was me, I would start with my GP. Make sure you don't have some other chronic condition, and then get referrals to relevant people from there.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:25 PM   #33
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I know I have some other chronic condition too.

I've been tested for Lyme, multiple sclerosis, lupus, and photosensitive epilepsy. All negative. I'm definitely strobe-sensitive, but it's not epilepsy. I'm not the other kind of photosensitive. I have a diagnosis for one symptom, hyperacusis, but that's it.

I don't think this has anything to do with my coordination problems (which I've had all my life) or my ulnar nerve problems (which I've had since 2011, while my hyperacusis and other new symptoms didn't take off until about 2013).

I can get to my general practitioner, or a physical therapist, but without accessible public transportation, or accessible taxi services, I can't get to a neurologist, audiologist, occupational therapist, etc. any more.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:33 PM   #34
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
I can get to my general practitioner, or a physical therapist, but without accessible public transportation, or accessible taxi services, I can't get to a neurologist, audiologist, occupational therapist, etc. any more.
I don't know what's available in your vicinity, but my OT does home visits.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessibility, ergonomics, repetitive strain injury, rsi