Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 06:17 AM   #16
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen Morse View Post
Is the information on Last Page Read eventually going to be accessible elsewhere (such as export to OPDS listing)? Reading this over, the first thing that came to mind was being able to use this information to read the same book on two different readers and keeping the location details in something resembling sync. I'm not sure if I understand how its going to be handled...
At this time, the Last Page Read and other annotation information are added to the Comments field in the database, and a copy of the bookmark file is archived in the database. 0.6.46 will also archive 'My Clippings.txt'.

The information is used when generating a Catalog. The 'Recently Read' Section shows reading progress graphically. I use it to see to get a quick overview of what I've been reading in the last month.

At this time, the utility is mostly informational, plus archival. The long-term vision is that it will be possible to edit the metadata on a book and automatically migrate the bookmarks/annotations on the device. This will require some architectural changes which are underway, but it will be some time before this feature is implemented.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #17
FoolforBooks
FoolforBooks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
@GRiker -- Tried Fetch Annotations several times and can't reproduce the problem with the task hanging. Must have been my netbook that particular day. I like that function. Good work.
FoolforBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #18
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolforBooks View Post
@GRiker -- Tried Fetch Annotations several times and can't reproduce the problem with the task hanging. Must have been my netbook that particular day. I like that function. Good work.
Thanks for the followup. Enjoy!

G
Old 06-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #19
Melinda Varian
Melinda Varian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre crashes on Mac when fetching annotations

I am running Mac OSX at the highest level, fully patched. Calibre is also at the highest level. My Kindle 2 is at level 2.5.2. (Though I have been seeing the problem at lower levels of both Calibre and the Kindle.) I have about 1300 books in my Calibre library.

When I bring up Calibre, connect my Kindle, and select Fetch Annotations, Calibre runs for a long while before completing the request and doesn't actually accomplish anything as far as I can tell.

If, however, I do a search that selects just a few books and then again select Fetch Annotations, it does fetch the annotations for at least some of the books before crashing.

If I do a search that displays just one book and then select Fetch Annotations, it reliably fetches the annotations but sometimes crashes as well.

It appears that Fetch Annotations is not governed by whether a book has been highlighted or not.

Is there any debugging information that I can collect that would be useful here?

Thanks for Calibre and any help you can give me with this. I would dearly love to be able to pull over all my annotations regularly as a backup.

Melinda Varian
Melinda Varian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #20
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda Varian View Post
If, however, I do a search that selects just a few books and then again select Fetch Annotations, it does fetch the annotations for at least some of the books before crashing.

If I do a search that displays just one book and then select Fetch Annotations, it reliably fetches the annotations but sometimes crashes as well.

It appears that Fetch Annotations is not governed by whether a book has been highlighted or not.
If calibre is crashing when using Fetch Annotations, I need to see a debug trace. Open a terminal window in OSX, then type
Code:
calibre-debug -g
Perform the sequence that causes the crash, open a ticket at calibre's bug-tracking site, attaching the entire contents of the terminal window to the ticket. If necessary, scroll back to the 'calibre-debug -g' to get everything copied.

If you haven't filed a ticket before, you will need to register.

G
Old 01-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #21
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Is this working with the Kindle 3 and latest firmware?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #22
GRiker

Not working. There is an active enhancement request ticket.

G
Old 01-14-2011, 03:12 AM   #23
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Thank you, unfortunately, I'm not skilled to provide such an enhancement myself... Hope, somebody will...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #24
kledor
dreamer
kledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW
Hi!
I mostly have sideloaded documents on my Kindle (books and PDFs) and I was wondering if this feature was able to migrate my highlights and notes to Calibre or PC from my Paperwhite. I am planning on using the Kindle to read documents for school and it would help if a highlight made in a pdf case study would show up on my PC after some kind of synchronization or tinkering. Is this possible?
Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread, please point me in the right direction if this is already discussed somewhere.
kledor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:39 PM   #25
Lucky_Me
Lucky_Me began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hey Guys,

I have an older model Kindle (with the keyboard) and have just started making notes. I made several notes on a book and had no problem using the "fetch annotations" function. The marks do now show up in the metadata screen, but not in the 'bookmarks' section when I open the book to read on the PC, only the 'last page read' marker.

If I remove the book from my kindle and then re-upload it, the bookmarks are gone. (Yes, I did make a backup of the bookmark file before I tried this.)

Is there any way to view the bookmarked sections on the Caliber e-reader and to have the bookmarks available if downloaded to the kindle and then re-uploaded?

Thanks.
Lucky_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #26
kater
kater began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Will Calibre support fetching annotations for epubs and other ebook readers (e.g. MoonReader)?

Thanks for replying
kater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #27
basil.random
basil.random began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Can this pull from "My Notebook" in the kindle app for iPhone? I'm having trouble to get it to do so. Above, it is only mentioned that this works for "My Notes & Marks", which I don't see anyone on the iPhone (4s) app. Thanks.
basil.random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:25 PM   #28
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You do understand that you're posting to a thread that is over 2 years old?

You may wish to keep this in mind when posting.

Thank you.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:31 AM   #29
basil.random
basil.random began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
(Of course. I don't mean to sound rude, but... This is the internet!)
basil.random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #30
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by basil.random View Post
(Of course. I don't mean to sound rude, but... This is the internet!)
Random
This is Mobile Read, not the Internet, Thus having specific site Guidelines and Rules.

Rule 1: Read the guidelines of the site (applies for any site) before posting
Rule 2: Attempt to follow them

This site has additional forum level guidelines. They are varied between forums.

The software on these forums here advances quickly.
Needs and Solutions quickly becomes outdated as support is added, Device models change/become obsolete. What percentage of the MR membership still actively use a device that is over 5 years old ? 5%? (Besides Me , and I dread the day it quits for good.)
A stale/outdated post in Calibre, is one that has no activity in 3-6 months

Please read all the posting guidelines
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, user annotations