Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-23-2020, 02:50 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Saved Searches - Possible to cache book count (or hide the 0s) in tag browser?

In preferences I have Look & feel > Tag browser > Show counts in the tag browser enabled. However, any saved searches always displays it as 0 books.

I think I recall reading this was a limitation of the saved searches themselves. However I was wondering if there was some way (via a tweak or a plugin or something) for Calibre to cache the previous amount of results and display that. Or even just to just hide the count for that specific category

I'm going to guess no, but thought to ask anyways.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-23-2020 at 02:53 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You are correct, saved searches can't show counts because the answer is dynamic. Caching the last answer would be theoretically possible, but a) what if there isn't a last answer? and b) is it OK to show the wrong answer? I think these block attempting to cache.

However, not showing the count for saved searches makes sense. I will look into it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2020, 06:30 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
If it's possible I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote