Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 11-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #16
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I just realized I could put the Audible app on my Windows Phone, too. Now that I have a holster for it, I can wear it. I can't be tethered to a tablet to listen to audio books.
This is where my Bluetooth headphones come in handy...got them through a living social deal a while back for only the cost of shipping (don't ask what brand they are... they don't seem to be marked anywhere!).
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #17
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Seamless! That's how I describe it. I clicked to join KU, selected a book. Went to my Android phone, turned on wifi. Opened Audible, and there was the audio book. Downloaded and started listening.

Absolutely seamless.

And it's a book with an $8.09 price, just for the ebook. I can't see the audio book price or the WS for Voice price. But I would say I've already gotten my money's worth for this month.

Last edited by booklover6; 11-17-2014 at 01:22 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:02 PM   #18
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
I don't have KU right now, so I can't look specifically for those files. However, I was able to find regular Audible files on my phone. In the download settings of the Audible app, it shows where the files are stored. I was then able to see them with the Astro File Manager app.
Yes, but they were not MP3 files, were they? All I see are aax files.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #19
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Audible, to the best of my knowledge, never has plain mp3 files. They always have their brand of DRM. They are either aax or aa files depending of the quality level of the download.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #20
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
I don't have KU right now, so I can't look specifically for those files. However, I was able to find regular Audible files on my phone. In the download settings of the Audible app, it shows where the files are stored. I was then able to see them with the Astro File Manager app.
I don't have that app, but I'd want to see the Audible files on the computer so I could move them to play on the Clip Zip. Do you know how I could see them on the PC?

(I don't have KU anymore either, just the regular Audible files, but I might pick up KU again if I could use the Clip Zip.)
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #21
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Yeah, they are supposed to be aax. I don't know how the DRM works outside iTunes so I can't help you there.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote