Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-02-2021, 08:59 AM   #1
FILIPEAVT
FILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmos

Device: Likebook P10
Likebook P10 - Poor Battery!

Hi everyone. I'm having trouble with the battery on this device. It doesn't seem to last that long. Even my smartphone is lasting longer. Anyone else is facing the same issue? I already tried the "Greenify" option and didn't help that much.

If someone can help, i appreciate!
FILIPEAVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 04:45 PM   #2
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Nothing new with this devices. Of course your mobile phone lasts longer. Mine does too. Better optimisation etc...

Just always disable wi-fi and any background processes. Also if you don't need google play store also disable google framework. It will help you get a decent time out of one charge.
Advert
Old 06-02-2021, 05:18 PM   #3
FILIPEAVT
FILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merithyn View Post
Nothing new with this devices. Of course your mobile phone lasts longer. Mine does too. Better optimisation etc...

Just always disable wi-fi and any background processes. Also if you don't need google play store also disable google framework. It will help you get a decent time out of one charge.
Thanks for the tip. The funny thing is: even in power off it seems to drain the battery pretty quickly.

Two days ago, i shut down the P10 with almost 90% of battery. Today, when i woke up, the device was completely drained. Dunno what kind of problem could be...
Old 06-02-2021, 05:56 PM   #4
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
This is happening to me lately with the Ares. The problem seems to have worsen after installing Greenify

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:06 PM   #5
FILIPEAVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post
This is happening to me lately with the Ares. The problem seems to have worsen after installing Greenify

I really liked the device. But this thing with the battery is really driving me nuts! Not only this but, this tablet was also very expensive here in my country.
Advert
Old 06-02-2021, 11:15 PM   #6
bigblu
bigblu began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook P10
I have had my for 3-4 weeks and still on the first charge. I rarely use it, but it certainly hasn't drained on its own like you are seeing. I do have wifi turned off by default.
bigblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:51 AM   #7
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Had mine for two weeks, battery drain seems normal, compared to my Kindle and Kobo, reading on the Boyue consistently for that two weeks
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:12 AM   #8
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
Uninstall Greenfly and leave wi-fi disabled wherever possible. That's my read on the thread so far. If battery life remains an issue the device most likely has a fault.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:03 AM   #9
FILIPEAVT

Thanks for the replies guys!

I disabled Google Frame and for now, it seems to have improved the battery pretty good! Lasting as it should be, i guess.

Gonna keep testing and monitoring...

Thanks again guys, really appreciate.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:37 AM   #10
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheese

Device: plenty...
my mars seems to draw way more power when a micro sd card is inserted in the device... don't know if that's normal...
flowoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:54 PM   #11
FILIPEAVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowoeB View Post
my mars seems to draw way more power when a micro sd card is inserted in the device... don't know if that's normal...
Strange... that really shouldn't happen, doesn't make sense at all. Probably a really bad optimization.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:11 AM   #12
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FILIPEAVT View Post
Thanks for the tip. The funny thing is: even in power off it seems to drain the battery pretty quickly.
If the device is busy with a faulty book or app, then it can happen that this prevents the device from hibernating or even switching off.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:50 PM   #13
FILIPEAVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
If the device is busy with a faulty book or app, then it can happen that this prevents the device from hibernating or even switching off.
Didn't know that. Thanks for the info!
Old 06-10-2021, 05:56 PM   #14
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
In principle, a hard reset solved my Ares problems. Battery has been going crazy. I love it to take notes but I will have to look for a replacement if it is not realiable

jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:18 AM   #15
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post
In principle, a hard reset solved my Ares problems.
In the process, you got rid of the glitch (defective book or malicious app).
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote