Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 02-25-2021, 06:27 PM   #16
minhhq
minhhq began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Yeah sounds best without knowing as each way is bad. If you want a new one I'd get off amazon or the alliexpress official likebook store. Amazon is best though.
Thanks. I will probably get one from Amazon.
minhhq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 06:45 AM   #17
PurpleFire
PurpleFire began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Ares Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhhq View Post
Hi PurpleFire, have you been able to solve this issue? I just bought a used Ares Note and it has the exact problem. I'd appreciate it if you could share a solution. Thank you!
Hi Minhhq.

Sorry for the slow response, I don't check this forum often.

I never did find a solution. All of the most recent updates have been installed and I was hoping this would fix it, but the issue still remains.

Emailing Boyue was pointless. After a back and forth with one of their guys, they said the only way to repair it was to sent it back to them for the firmware to be reinstalled, and then they stopped responding when I explained that this wasn't practical due to me being in the UK and that I couldn't return it to my authorised seller due to buying it off of Ebay.
PurpleFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2021, 06:51 AM   #18
PurpleFire
PurpleFire began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Ares Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Did it say it had the issue when you bought it? Maybe you bought Purple's lol /s.
Sadly for my wallet, I'm not the seller and my Ares is now a dust collector

I saw you advise the guy who'd done the same thing to his Atila to try looking at the build.prop with Solid Explorer. I tried that and got an "access denied" message, so I guess I need to be rooted to view that file. Is is possible to root these? I've had no luck finding instructions online.
PurpleFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 07:53 AM   #19
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
The safest policy is to just leave them alone unless they have issues. I updated the Alita to 8.1 worrying that it might all go wrong. It didn't, but I can't tell any difference between 8.1 and the original v6. They are decent e-readers offering little else of use at a premium price.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:03 AM   #20
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
They are decent e-readers offering little else of use at a premium price.
If you only know how to use it as an EReader, then it is very expensive.
But it can do much, much more - it can be used as a full Android tablet and with a keyboard as a notebook if you know how to use EInk.
And there Alita is far superior to any fruit that has been bitten - second can't be used in the garden or in the sun.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2021, 12:53 PM   #21
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
It tries to do much much more and fails. Don't get too invested in tech that has reached the end of the line.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 01:18 PM   #22
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
It tries to do much much more and fails.
Your mistaken opinion has nothing to do with reality.
Quote:
Don't get too invested in tech that has reached the end of the line.
With this view you will never be able to take advantage of the existing possibilities - see Alita being degraded as an expensive ebook reader.

If I were you, I would be annoyed that I wasted so much money unnecessarily, blaming myself, but not the device - that and the manufacturer are innocent.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:04 PM   #23
renzopalmieri
renzopalmieri began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFire View Post
I haven't had the device long, got the names mixed up and didn't realise until after flashing that I'd downloaded the Mars update in error.

After finally managing to turn the device off (the power off dialogue needed to be pressed higher up on the screen), I was able to flash the Ares update using the Boyue guide. This all worked fine, but the touchscreen issue remained. Fortunately, the stylus still works (which wasn't the case with the Mars firmware) and so it can be navigated.

I installed a touchscreen testing app from the google play store and it looks like the alignment or something is messed up - drawing lines with my finger translates as light dotted lines appearing in parallel elsewhere on the screen, whereas drawing lines with the stylus looks normal. The home button at the bottom also does nothing.

From reading a thread on here (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=333006) where someone had done the same thing with their Atila, I think the only way to fix this would be to reflash a backup rom from another Ares. One of the posters there mentioned that old firmwares for this device were used for softbrick fixes, but I've been unable to find any download links.

I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction or suggest a better course of action to fix this.

Many thanks.
Same situations!..I am the same, my Likebook Ares, the touch does not work after updating to android 8.1 with the K78-Ares Note-8.1 Upgrade-V3.0.1 file, and with another one as well, it does not work, only with the pencil.
If anyone has the original firmware or a corrected firmware and share the link.
I appreciate it.

Thanks!.
renzopalmieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 12:45 AM   #24
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzopalmieri View Post
Same situations!..I am the same, my Likebook Ares, the touch does not work after updating to android 8.1 with the K78-Ares Note-8.1 Upgrade-V3.0.1 file, and with another one as well, it does not work, only with the pencil.
If anyone has the original firmware or a corrected firmware and share the link.
I appreciate it.
Ask likebook@boyue.com - I sent you the correct firmware.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:53 PM   #25
renzopalmieri
renzopalmieri began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Ares
ares note k78w

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Ask likebook@boyue.com - I sent you the correct firmware.
Can you send me this firmware, i have same problems, thanks a lot.
renzopalmieri is offline   Reply With Quote