Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 05-02-2020, 09:58 AM   #1
Reachele
Reachele began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Help with broken Likebook Mars : Touchscreen issue and freeze

Hello,

I have a problem with my Likebook Mars. and hoping someone has insight or solution to this problem.

1 day I got screen freeze while using my likebook, then I do hard reset using the power button, but after it restarted It has an unresponsive touch screen.

Then I restart it again using the power button, sometimes it manages to restore the touchscreen, or it still has an unresponsive touch screen.

After I manage to restore the touch screen, after a few minutes it will freeze again and produce the unresponsive touch screen again after I restart it.

basically, I am on the loop of the unresponsive touch screen and screen freeze. I already tried to do factory reset but the problem persists.

Thank you for your time.
Reachele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:40 AM   #2
pouce
pouce began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
found this issue too. still cannot fix yet.

For my case, the screen partially (one fourth) is freezed. However, I still can touch app icons under the freezed area. Try restart, hard reset, and nothing happened.
pouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2020, 07:25 AM   #3
Reachele
Reachele began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouce View Post
found this issue too. still cannot fix yet.

For my case, the screen partially (one fourth) is freezed. However, I still can touch app icons under the freezed area. Try restart, hard reset, and nothing happened.
Hey, thanks for replying. have you found any fix now?

Do you happen to be able to restore the touch screen functionality after power on from 0% charging?

Thank you for your time
Reachele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:47 PM   #4
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: likebook mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reachele View Post
Hey, thanks for replying. have you found any fix now?

Do you happen to be able to restore the touch screen functionality after power on from 0% charging?

Thank you for your time
try a standard Android emergency cold-start reboot procedure.
power-off the likebook.
eject external SD card.

Now gently press & hold-in the power button for at least 50 seconds.
it will then automatically do a cold reboot.
If you have a lot of books on the likebook then only after a cold reboot has completed it will be unresponsive till it has finished scanning,error-checking and cataloging all the books found in internal memory and ,if installed, the external SD memory card.
Please be patient & wait till it has finished scanning.
note the access speed of external SD card greatly affects the cold boot-up time.
Suggest you only use SD card with a Android 'A1' or 'A2' read/write speed rating to give you the fastest boot-up and file access speed..
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:51 AM   #5
vladimir
vladimir began at the beginning.

Device: palm zire, Kindles, Yotaphone 2, Likebook Mars
On the keyboard of my Mars the "o" stopped working. I cleared the cache and as nothing happened I reinstalled and then uninstalled Google Keyboard from my Mars. Now the "u" and the "i" stopped working on the Chinese keyboard. I will also try cold reboot.
vladimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert