Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 11-15-2019, 09:01 AM   #1
asuagar
asuagar began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
Boyue Likebook Mars T80D boot starting problem

I bought this ereader three months ago. After leaving it unused for a couple of weeks, I turned it on. It stayed in the boot sequence during several minutes. I left it loading whitout turning off but it cannot complete the booting up sequence. After that, I forcely powered it off and tried again several times. In all the attemps, it didn't go past the starting up screen. I did a factory reset, but the problem persists. What can be the problem? Is there available any official firmware of the device?

Thanks!
asuagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:09 AM   #2
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Is there an SD card in there?
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #3
asuagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
Is there an SD card in there?
There SD card slot is empty
Old 11-17-2019, 02:19 PM   #4
noboyue
noboyue began at the beginning.

Device: likebook Mars T80D
Same situation here.
I bought my T80D in August and had it not used for more than a month.
When I switched it on last week it got stuck in the boot sequence. (no SD card inserted)
I also did a factory reset by use of the reset hole and the android recovery menu but no change.
I tried to get into contact with boyue, but they did not answer to the two emails I sent.
Any help on the subject is greatly appreciated.
noboyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:32 PM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by noboyue View Post
SI tried to get into contact with boyue, but they did not answer to the two emails I sent.
Any help on the subject is greatly appreciated.
Contact the dealer!
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2019, 04:06 PM   #6
noboyue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Contact the dealer!
I did buy it through ebay and I have already contacted the dealer but got no reply either.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:13 PM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
I did buy it through ebay and I have already contacted the dealer but got no reply either.
Contact Paypal if you paid with
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:39 PM   #8
asuagar

Curiously, I am in the same situation as @noboyue. Sadly, in my case, the Paypal 180 days period for reclamations has expired. I also bought it at ebay. If the seller is the same in both cases, it could be something non casual. I sent him a message five days ago, but I have no response yet.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:38 AM   #9
noboyue

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuagar View Post
.. If the seller is the same in both cases, it could be something non casual.
What is your seller?
Did you check your private messages?
Old 11-20-2019, 11:25 AM   #10
asuagar

Quote:
What is your seller?
Did you check your private messages?
My seller was "jurongeast" (https://www.ebay.com.sg/usr/jurongea...p2047675.l2559). I write him a message on 15 novembre asking for a solution to the problem. At the moment, I have no response.

I read your message and replied it two days ago .
Old 11-20-2019, 02:05 PM   #11
noboyue

My seller was https://www.ebay.de/usr/heybattery26...72.m2749.l2754.
So it is a totally different one.
I suppose the device has a general problem, possibly if it is not used for a while.
It would be interesting to know if other users of the likebook also did not use it for 6-8 weeks and did not have the problem.
What may be special with my device is, that I have put it in a case with a magnetic switch. That is, if I close the case the likebook reacts on the switch and goes into sleep.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:47 AM   #12
asuagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuagar View Post
Curiously, I am in the same situation as @noboyue. Sadly, in my case, the Paypal 180 days period for reclamations has expired. I also bought it at ebay. If the seller is the same in both cases, it could be something non casual. I sent him a message five days ago, but I have no response yet.
I was wrong. My period for reclamation in PAYPAL of 180 days has not expired yet. I am going to open a dispute for trying to solve the problem.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:53 AM   #13
Pumpernickel
sandwich
Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: none
I left mine alone for a month. It is now doing the same. Any solution?
Pumpernickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:56 AM   #14
asuagar

Yep. @Waldy send me a PM with the steps and software for manually installing the last TD80 firmware version. It worked like a charm. It would be rude to post his job without permission. If you like, I can send it to you by PM.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:43 AM   #15
Waldy
Connoisseur
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
I did not post due to poor English. If you have improved the description, of course you can post it here.
At the moment, it is probably better to use these files (v2.2.0):
https://mega.nz/#!v24TgaTS!wfsf9f0r8...omSX0OA4Mr27Gc
Waldy is offline   Reply With Quote