Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 11-06-2018, 11:13 AM   #16
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Simeone has said in chinese forum that release has been postponed
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:19 AM   #17
jonathanv
jonathanv began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
I haven't seen anything about this ereader in AliExpress. When is AliExpress day?
I meant on that day, 11/11, if you look for Likebook products on their website they announce discounts for the 11/11 sale. But indeed the Mimas isn't listed yet...
jonathanv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2018, 10:25 PM   #18
JS_F
Connoisseur
JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.

Device: Sony DPT RP1, Remarkable
About the delay, according to Boyue's offical Twitter, Mimas will be released in November in China and the international version will be released in December.

https://twitter.com/BoyueTechnology/...40020895211526
https://twitter.com/BoyueTechnology/...41177805955072
JS_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:11 PM   #19
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
New videos:

UI:

Pdf hand writing:

Pdf reading & annotating:

Note taking:

Speaker & BT test:
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:22 AM   #20
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I had already seen them, but I didn't remember to post, sorry.

Aside, is it usual don't specify a fixed release date? December is near and they said it'll be in the beginning.

Last edited by viceant; 11-21-2018 at 08:06 AM.
Advert
Old 11-27-2018, 02:33 AM   #21
Toodu
Enthusiast
Toodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
I have seen more videos about boyue Mimas from youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_sKpgmhj20
Toodu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:00 AM   #22
Toodu
Enthusiast
Toodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toodu View Post
I have seen more videos about boyue Mimas from youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_sKpgmhj20
PDF reading and hand writing test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYkxZ94mvbY
Toodu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:16 AM   #23
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
So if it has the front light, does it have glass on top then? That would be very unfortunate.
The front light alone is pretty unfortunate, an unnecessary layer reducing contrast and introducing optical distortions.
Also, I hope that black version will be available because white subjectively makes the screen look much darker. Black makes the screen look very white.
I have one reader both black and white - the white one was simply unusable. A very unpleasant fealing when reading. I finally put some black tape around the screen, only then I was able to use it. Later I got a dark cover for it covering everything around the screen, so the problem went away.

What about Likebook Note? No glass? Open Android?
Perhaps then Mimas will be the same.

Mimas seems to be as close to perfection as I ever seen.
Still, I would like black or at least dark brown one and without the front light.
I am so happy that Onyx Boox Note has no front light and no glass.
And I love its native Neo reader software.
But it lacks the card slot and buttons, unfortunately. Simply uncomprehensible! Onyx Boox, not some Kindle or Kobo.

Last edited by parkher; 11-29-2018 at 12:39 AM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:23 AM   #24
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

The stylus seems similar to the one for the original Onyx Boox Max. The images of the stylus for the Likebook Note 10.3 also seem like that:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...900587093.html

I see something about "magnetic pen" via the link above.

Anyone turned up stylus details for the Mimas?
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:18 AM   #25
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
I am really liking the idea of the Mimas as long as it can follow through. I don't *need* glass but I wouldn't want to scratch the screen while writing. It needs to be resilient. And in my opinion the backlight is worthwhile because I also appreciate the idea of Android functionality without the killer brightness if I choose to surf or have some task to do at night.

My job makes use of large amounts of PDFs which would be readable on this device, I can also use a myriad of templates that would also be useful at work so no more losing notes or scraps of paper. A Mimas will make it easier to remain organized.

I can justify purchasing a Mimas as a productivity device but I want to buy it because it supplements the capabilities of my Oasis as well as doing so much more.

Would Calibre Companion work well on a device with these specs? What is the best way to use store and organize my 13000+ item library on something like this? Could I load Project Gutenberg?

If I can convince my wife to let me get one then it will be my first device of this type. And as Christmas is coming as well as my birthday and Chinese New Year I'd say chances are good :-)

Last edited by Pizza_Cant_Read; 11-30-2018 at 06:43 AM.
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:38 AM   #26
viceant
Addict

It's available for pre-order in this website https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...-good-e-reader

Some folks have said the reliability of that site isn't good, but only about its devices's brand. It's said the device will be available January 19th.

Last edited by viceant; 11-30-2018 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:14 PM   #27
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
For EU buyers: Mimas 10.3 should be available in the second half of December from https://ereader.store
Bonus: 2 years warranty.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:38 PM   #28
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
For EU buyers: Mimas 10.3 should be available in the second half of December from https://ereader.store
Bonus: 2 years warranty.
But it's not being shown yet in that store.

Aside, I bought there an onyx that because many circumstances I barely used and broke on year four. I repeatedly ask them for repair (paying for it) and still waiting for their answer....
Old 11-30-2018, 01:26 PM   #29
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I have created a wiki page BOYUE Likebook Mimas with latest guesses. Please update and more things are known.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:29 PM   #30
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Not sure where these dates are from, can you please quote sources? It has not been released in China and I have yet to see an official source stating a release date for the device anywhere else either.

So sad

Edit: I see the Jan 24th on goodereader, but am unsure why Boyue hasn't made a statement. All I see is Boyue stating November 6 in China and encouraging people to buy these as Christmas presents on their FB page.

Does Nate on goodereader have some special source? He too hasn't acknowledged the failed deadlines or where he is getting his information from. Is it possible he is simply offering preorders on the hope they will be released by the 24th? And how is he going to do a detailed review, due before Christmas if these aren't even available in China?

Yes, I'm upset he isn't being more transparent. Might as well redirect his readers to the released YouTube videos.

Last edited by Pizza_Cant_Read; 12-02-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote