Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-21-2021, 06:09 PM   #3286
steveparry
Connoisseur
steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
No. I d'loaded the two zip files, unzipped the one containing the 'command' (I think) then opened it in Terminal. The resulting text in Terminal said something like it didn't find anything to install...
steveparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:27 PM   #3287
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveparry View Post
No. I d'loaded the two zip files, unzipped the one containing the 'command' (I think) then opened it in Terminal. The resulting text in Terminal said something like it didn't find anything to install...
Here is the URL for the One-Click Install Package for KOReader for Kobo.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314220
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2021, 02:27 AM   #3288
nhatkhoa102
nhatkhoa102 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Usb mass storage (fixed!)

Hi NiLuJe, i don't know how to get the
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe
verbose logs, system logs, and eventually a strace
but I saw your suggestion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You have some sort of KoboCloud script installed (there are two, I don't know the scripts' names by heart). That obviously won't do .
and then I try uninstalling the KoboCloud, and... it works!!!!
Yeah, now I can start the USBMS yahoooo
Thank you very much

Last edited by nhatkhoa102; 05-12-2021 at 02:29 AM.
nhatkhoa102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:16 PM   #3289
pistolwink
pistolwink began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hello—I just got a Kobo Forma and was testing out some different files on it. I got an e-reader primarily to read my collection of PDFs of scholarly books and articles (none with DRM). On the first PDF I tried, the page turning was excruciatingly slow. (5 to 10 second lag.) I read around and learned about Koreader and managed to stumble my way through the installation.

I am now testing a variety of files (PDFs + epubs), and all of them have a significant problem with page-turning. No matter what page-turn indicator I use (tap, swipe, button), the reader does not turn a full page—it leaves a small bit of the previous page visible at the top of the display. With every page turned, this amount accumulates, and after a few turns you see almost none of the "new" page. If this description isn't clear, I could link to a quick video of what's going on.

I have seen references on this thread to "scroll mode" and "page mode," but I'm not sure if that's what I need to find, and I also haven't encountered either of those in any of the settings that I've been exploring.

Is anyone familiar with this problem, or does anyone have any ideas for troubleshooting? Thank you for your help!
pistolwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:43 PM   #3290
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
A video would help, yeah, because I'm unsure whether you're talking about eInk ghosting (which should be minimal on a Forma), or weird continuous mode behavior.

(Definitely check that you're in paged mode, at least in ePubs (top option in the third tab of the bottom menu). That should be the default, though).

(As far as PDFs and performance are concerned, it's never going to be great at quickly scrolling though PDF content. But, once you've found a setup you like, PDF content is both cached and preloaded a screen in advance, so, once you actually start *reading* and not just *skimming*, the performance impact disappears (mostly)).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-20-2021 at 10:45 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2021, 09:21 AM   #3291
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Definitely a video!
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 05:20 AM   #3292
Hamsky
Enthusiast
Hamsky began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolwink View Post
Hello—I just got a Kobo Forma and was testing out some different files on it. [...] I read around and learned about Koreader and managed to stumble my way through the installation.
Good day!
I plan to upgrade to KOBO Forma too.

Did you face any difficulties or problems installing KOreader on KOBO Forma/Libra?
Which launched did you use (like KSM8, KSM9..)?

Thank you!
Hamsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 05:27 AM   #3293
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsky View Post
Good day!
I plan to upgrade to KOBO Forma too.

Did you face any difficulties or problems installing KOreader on KOBO Forma/Libra?
Which launched did you use (like KSM8, KSM9..)?

Thank you!
You don't use KSM as it doesn't work with the current firmware.. You use KFMon. The best way to install KOReader is using the one-click install package.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314220
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 05:04 AM   #3294
manonoc
manonoc began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS 500, KINDLE DX GRAPHITE, KOBO forma
hello,

i would like the read lemonde.fr into a page.

i've done a javascript that works well (I use to launch it into firefox)

how can I launch this script into my kobo forma (via KOREADER ? calibre ?) ?
Quote:
javascript:

async function ledebut()
{
le_monde_du_jour = "Le Monde";
texte = '<html><head><meta charset="UTF-8"></head>\n<body>\n<div style="font-size: 42"><a name="debut">'+le_monde_du_jour+'</a></div>\n';
texte += "<style>\n
.alb-article-title { font-size:2.11em; font-weight: bold; }\n
.alb-article-author { color: #a2a9ae; font-size: 1em; }\n
.alb-article-introduction { color: #16212c; font-size: 1.294em; }\n
.alb-article-subtitle .rubrique .TeleLMQ .Nomdufilm
{ color: #026b9c; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 1.3em; margin: 5px 0 10px; }\n
.alb-slide-img-capture { color: #a2a9ae; font-size: .89em; margin-top: 8px; margin-bottom: 0; }\n
.fenetre { background-color: #eef1f5; padding: 20px; }
.LieuActuLMQ { color: #16212c; text-transform: uppercase; }
.Texteuneliresuite { color: #8b9299; font-size: .7em; letter-spacing: 0; text-transform: uppercase; }
</style>\n";

articles = new Object();

/* premier clic */
await attendre_selector_et_cliquer('.p1 > div:nth-child(3) > div:nth-child(1)');

/* articles présents */
do
{
div_articles = document.querySelector('.swiper-wrapper-alb').children;
for (i=0; i<div_articles.length; i++)
{
id = div_articles[i].dataset.sliden+"_"+div_articles[i].dataset.pagen+"_"+div_articles[i].dataset.articlen;
articles[id] = div_articles[i];
console.log(id);
}

await attendre_selector_et_cliquer('.alb-nav-next');
}
while( ! document.querySelector(".alb-nav-next").classList.contains("inactive"));

count = 0;
/* index */
page = -1;
for (var key in articles)
{
lpage = parseInt(articles[key].dataset.sliden) * 2 + parseInt(articles[key].dataset.pagen);
if (page != lpage)
{
texte += '<div style="font-size: 30"><a name="Ipage_'+lpage+'" href="#page_'+lpage+'">PAGE '+lpage+"</a></div>\n";
page = lpage;
}
texte += '<div style="font-size: 16"><a href="#article_'+key+'">'+getTitre(articles[key])+"</a></div>\n";
count++;
}
console.log("on a "+count+" articles");

/* articles */
page = -1;
image_number = 0;
for (var key in articles)
{
lpage = parseInt(articles[key].dataset.sliden) * 2 + parseInt(articles[key].dataset.pagen);
if (page != lpage)
{
texte += '<h1 style="font-size: 30"><a name="page_'+lpage+'" href="#Ipage_'+lpage+'">PAGE '+lpage+"</a></h1>\n";
page = lpage;
}
texte += '<div><a name="article_'+key+'" href="#debut">'+le_monde_du_jour+'</a></div>';
texte += articles[key].outerHTML+"\n";
}

texte = texte.replaceAll(' style="height: 250px;"', "");
texte = texte.replaceAll(' style="width: 514px;"', "");
texte = texte.replaceAll(' style="height: 0px;"', "");

texte = texte.replaceAll('src="//lmo-lmo-production-api', 'src="https://lmo-lmo-production-api');
texte += '</body></html>\n';

/* téléchargement */
download_DATA_to_file(texte, 'pages.htm');
}

function getTitre(htmlelement)
{
subtitle = getTextFromClasse(htmlelement, "alb-article-subtitle");
title = getTextFromClasse(htmlelement, "alb-article-title");
principal = getTextFromClasse(htmlelement, "principal-titre");
cabochon = getTextFromClasse(htmlelement, "cabochon");
Cle_titre = getTextFromClasse(htmlelement, "Clé-titre");
Breve_surtitre = getTextFromClasse(htmlelement, "Brève-surtitre");
Breve_titre = getTextFromClasse(htmlelement, "Brève-titre");
Appui_surtitre = getTextFromClasse(htmlelement, "Appui-surtitre");

return principal+" "+subtitle+" "+title+" "+cabochon+" "+Cle_titre+" "+Breve_surtitre+" "+Breve_titre+" "+Appui_surtitre;
}
function getTextFromClasse(htmlelement, classe)
{
text = "";
textes = htmlelement.getElementsByClassName(classe);
if (textes.length > 0)
{
for (j=0; j<textes.length; j++)
{
text += textes[j].innerText+" ";
}
}

return text;
}

async function download_DATA_to_file(data, file)
{
var a = document.createElement('a');
a.download = file;
a.href = "data:application/octet-stream,"+encodeURIComponent(data);
document.body.appendChild(a);
a.click();
document.body.removeChild(a);
delete a;
}

async function attendre_selector_et_cliquer(sel)
{
/*console.log("attendre_selector "+sel);*/
while ( ! document.querySelector(sel))
{
await sleep(10);
}

/*console.log("clic "+sel);*/
document.querySelector(sel).click();

await sleep(100);
}

function sleep(ms)
{
/*console.log("sleep "+ms+"ms");*/
return new Promise(resolve =>
{
setTimeout(() =>
{
resolve('resolved');
}, ms);
});
}

ledebut();

Last edited by manonoc; 07-15-2021 at 05:06 AM.
manonoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 09:10 AM   #3295
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Calibre already has a news fetch feature, you could arguably use that instead of reinventing the wheel .

Otherwise, KOReader is not a browser, nor does it feature any kind of browser engine, so, no JS.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 04:30 AM   #3296
manonoc
manonoc began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS 500, KINDLE DX GRAPHITE, KOBO forma
Hello NiLuJe, and a big thanks for all the works you give to us ! (I give you a gros poutou in french !)

yes, the website lemonde.fr is very difficult to access.
to have a readable version for the kindle (now the kobo), i used since several years different type of script : i've done some script with php, regiving the cookies in the response, after I used casper, and puppeteer (with nodejs).
and I recently discover, with instapaper the use of JS script into a simple link-button : the most simple (just need of JS) !

yes with calibre, we can feed some news, but with lemonde.fr it is more difficult to do.
but i'm going to try it

thanks
manonoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 10:05 AM   #3297
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You may find this useful: https://github.com/MartinHugg/LeMondeSelenium (I haven't tried it, just found it with a search)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 01:50 PM   #3298
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So... Kobo Elipsa support #7986 got merged. Thank you so much, NiLuJe.

My Elipsa is finally coming next week (...and I pre-ordered. gotta love international shipping) so I'm absolutely stoked about this.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 04:06 PM   #3299
koboje
koboje began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra and Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
So... Kobo Elipsa support #7986 got merged. Thank you so much, NiLuJe.

My Elipsa is finally coming next week (...and I pre-ordered. gotta love international shipping) so I'm absolutely stoked about this.
Does this mean it's coming soon to Elipsa? If I'm not mistaken, it says something about the pen too? Can't wait!!!!!
koboje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 04:44 PM   #3300
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Nothing special about the pen, just so you can poke at the screen.

Tomorrow's nightly will include those changes.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote