Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-02-2021, 03:49 PM   #2761
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
As I've mentioned a time or two (or more), I really like Joan Wolf's books, and now one of her contemporary romances, High Meadow, is on sale in the US ($1.99) and UK (£0.99). This is up among my favorites of hers - not at the top, but pretty well up there. The blurb doesn't do it justice, IMO...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ZDJZJM/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/high-meadow
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FOUPXLM

Spoiler:
Quote:
Kate Foley was only 21 when her wild sister Colleen died, leaving behind an infant son. Forced to drop out of college and raise her nephew, Ben, as her own, Kate tries to protect him from a possibly sadder truth by telling him that his absent father is dead.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:03 AM   #2762
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Amazon UK has The Convenient Marriage by Georgette Heyer for £0.99 at the moment:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Convenient-...dp/B003JTHFTS/
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:39 AM   #2763
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Meant to Be Yours is the fifth in Susan Mallery's Happily Inc series. I don't read much contemporary romance, but I've enjoyed both her Fool's Gold and Happily Inc series. Meant is on sale for $2.99 at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L6KQM8N/
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07L6KQM8N/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/meant-to-be-yours-1

Spoiler:
Quote:
In Happily Inc, love means never having to say “I do”…

Wedding coordinator Renee Grothen isn’t meant for marriage. Those who can, do. Those who can’t, plan. But she never could have planned on gorgeous, talented thriller writer Jasper Dembenski proposing—a fling. And the attraction between them is too strong for Renee to resist. Now she can have her no-wedding cake…and eat it, too.

After years in the military, Jasper is convinced he’s too damaged for relationships. So a flirtation—and more—with fiery, determined Renee is way too good to pass up…until his flame becomes his muse.

Renee is an expert at averting every crisis. But, as feelings become more serious, is she finally ready to leap into the one thing that can never be controlled: love?
Old 06-07-2021, 12:52 AM   #2764
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Oops, forgot to post yesterday...

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Holiday for the Alpha (Sectors New Allies #13.5) by Veronica Scott (C/2 stars)
  • Demon Night (The Guardians #3) by Meljean Brook (B+/4 stars)

Also I finished my complete Psy/Changeling series reread.

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 6-6.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	187536  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:58 PM   #2765
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Dark Wizard is the first in Jeffe Kennedy's Bonds of Magic series. It has dropped to $1.99/£0.77 at Kindle US/UK respectively, possibly in honor of the next one in the series, which is due out in July. I haven't read this book, but have read several of her books in other series, and have pretty uniformly enjoyed all that I have read.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SHZ34GJ
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08SHZ34GJ

Spoiler:
Quote:
She ran from him... but couldn't escape her heart.

Lord Gabriel Phel wants one thing: to rebuild the shattered fortunes of his people and restore his ruined house to its former station in the Convocation’s highest tiers of elegant society. Fortunately, through a wild chance of birth, he was born with powerful wizard magic, the first in his family in generations. If he can obtain a familiar to amplify his magic, a highborn daughter he can marry, to be mother to his children, he’ll be that much closer to saving his family. With her by his side, he can ascend to such a position of power in the Convocation that he can destroy it forever.

Lady Veronica Elal, captive in her tower, has only one way out. To her bitter disappointment, she will never be a wizard. Instead, through a twist of fate, and despite her expensive Convocation Academy education, Nic is doomed to be a familiar like her mother. Forced to participate in the Betrothal Trials, she receives a wizard suitor for one night each month. Whichever man impregnates her will bond her to them forever. With no choice but to serve the one who wins her, Nic has one hope for control over her life: a wizard she can manipulate.

Gabriel Phel seems like the perfect choice for Nic’s gambit—he’s desperate and untutored in wizardry—but within moments of meeting him, she feels the bonds of magic tying them together. Afraid of losing her will to the compelling wizard who touches her heart like no other, Nic does the unthinkable: she runs. Pregnant and alone, Nic eludes monstrous hunters, searching for a safe haven. But when Gabriel catches up to her, their adventure has only begun.
Old 06-09-2021, 02:08 PM   #2766
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nalini Singh's Silver Silence (Psy/Changeling Trinity #1) is on sale for $1.99

Spoiler:
New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh returns to her extraordinary Psy-Changeling world with a story of wild passion and darkest betrayal . . .

Control. Precision. Family. These are the principles that drive Silver Mercant. At a time when the fledgling Trinity Accord seeks to unite a divided world, with Silver playing a crucial role as director of a worldwide emergency response network, wildness and chaos are the last things she needs in her life. But that’s exactly what Valentin Nikolaev, alpha of the StoneWater bears, brings with him.

Valentin has never met a more fascinating woman. Though Silver is ruled by Silence – her mind clear of all emotion – Valentin senses a whisper of fire around her. That’s what keeps him climbing apartment buildings to be near her. But when a shadow assassin almost succeeds in poisoning Silver, the stakes become deadly serious . . . and Silver finds herself in the heart of a powerful bear clan. Her would-be assassin has no idea what their poison has unleashed . . .

Kobo

Google Play

Amazon

Apple Books

The international edition from Gollancz is on sale for £2.99

Kobo UK

iTunes UK

Amazon UK

Hope these links work. Should be available at other etailers in the UK as well, but I couldn't get them all to work for me from the US.
Old 06-10-2021, 01:44 PM   #2767
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Arabella is now $1.99 at Kindle US, as part of today's Daily Deal. Sadly it's not on sale (yet, at least) at Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Arabella-Rege...dp/B00348UMYY/

BTW, I hate the cover, but the book is still great ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Arabella and Bath Tangle, by Georgette Heyer are both 99p in today's Daily Deal:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arabella-Ge...5154173&sr=1-1

{edited other books}
Old 06-13-2021, 06:03 PM   #2768
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Thicker Than Blood (The Guardians #3.5) by Meljean Brook (B/4 stars)
  • Demon Bound (The Guardians #4) by Meljean Brook (A/5 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 6-13.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	187665  
Old 06-14-2021, 01:06 AM   #2769
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, library addict, I didn't know that Lindsay Buroker had a new series.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:24 PM   #2770
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Now £2.99 in the UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DI7HMG2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Night Broken is the eighth in the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US. I'm slowly working my way through this series, and am starting to like it more, so I'm snagging this one for the future.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DMCV7WS
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00DMCV7WS
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/night-broken
Old 06-14-2021, 07:33 PM   #2771
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you, library addict, I didn't know that Lindsay Buroker had a new series.
The first book, Kingdoms at War, started kinda slow as it was a lot of new characters up front. But once I could keep them all straight I loved it.

I think book 2 goes on sale in Kindle Unlimited on the 25th (was originally scheduled for the 30th). I went ahead and joined her Patreon as I didn't want to have to wait for the series to be out of KU in order to buy it.
Old 06-15-2021, 12:11 AM   #2772
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
OK, thank you, I think I have to check her Patreon.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:50 PM   #2773
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I've mentioned before that I've liked Susannah Nix's Chemistry Lessons romance series. Now the third title in the series, Advanced Physical Chemistry, is free in both the US and UK.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07958H7M8
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/adv...ical-chemistry
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07958H7M8
probably also free at Kobo UK, but I don't check there...

There was an omnibus of the first three titles in this series on sale at good price a while back, but in this case, who cares - this single title is free, so you can get it just if you prefer having the individual titles. Or not!

Spoiler:
Quote:
After a string of lousy boyfriends, chemical engineer Penny Popplestone swears off men until she can figure out why they keep cheating on her. But her no-men resolution hits a snag when the mysterious and superhumanly hot barista at her favorite coffee shop strikes up a friendship with her.

Penny strives to keep things platonic, but when Caleb gives her the kiss of her life, she realizes he wants to be more than just friends. Tired of always being "good little Penny," she throws caution to the wind and pursues a no-strings fling with the hottie barista. It's not like they have anything in common beyond scorching physical chemistry, so what does she have to lose?

Her heart, it turns out.

Now, this fanfic-reading, plus-size heroine faces an unsolvable problem. What do you do when being apart is unbearable...but being together is impossible?

ADVANCED PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY is the third book in a series of lighthearted standalone romances with heroines who work in STEM fields. Each book in the series features a brand new couple with their own HEA and can be read in any order.
Old 06-18-2021, 05:38 PM   #2774
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I've mentioned before that I've liked Susannah Nix's Chemistry Lessons romance series. Now the third title in the series, Advanced Physical Chemistry, is free in both the US and UK.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07958H7M8
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/adv...ical-chemistry
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07958H7M8
probably also free at Kobo UK, but I don't check there...

There was an omnibus of the first three titles in this series on sale at good price a while back, but in this case, who cares - this single title is free, so you can get it just if you prefer having the individual titles. Or not!
Thanks! I'd gotten this through Book Funnel, but it's always easier to get at it if it's in my Amazon archive.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:41 PM   #2775
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Most of Shannon Stacey's Kowalski series are on sale for $1.99

All He Ever Needed Kowalski Family #4
Spoiler:
He won’t stay put for a woman, and she won’t chase after any man…

Mitch Kowalski lives out of a suitcase—and he likes it that way. Traveling for work has the added bonus of scaring off women who would otherwise try to tie him down. But when he’s called home to help with the family lodge, he’s intrigued by the new girl in town and her insistence that she doesn’t need a man. If there’s one thing Mitch can’t resist, it’s a challenge.

After a nomadic childhood, Paige Sullivan is finally putting down roots. Determined to stand on her own two feet, she lives by the motto “Men are a luxury, not a necessity.” But when Mr. Tall, Dark and Hot pulls up a stool in her diner and offers her six weeks of naughty fun with a built-in expiration date, she’s tempted to indulge.

They’re the perfect match for a no-strings fling. Until they realize their sexy affair has become anything but casual…

Kobo

Google Play

Apple Books

Amazon

All He Ever Desired Kowalski Family #5
Spoiler:
A second shot at first love

After college, Ryan Kowalski decided to leave Whitford, Maine, rather than watch Lauren Carpenter marry another man. Now his siblings need his help to refurbish the family-owned Northern Star Lodge and he’s forced to face the past sooner rather than later when he collars a vandal—and learns the boy is Lauren’s son…

The last person Lauren needs back in her life is Ryan Kowalski. With a bitter ex-husband and a moody teenage son, she has enough man trouble already. But her son needs to learn a few lessons about right and wrong, even if Lauren has to escort him to Ryan’s door every day to work off his crime.

With all this close contact, Ryan and Lauren can’t deny the chemistry between them is as powerful as ever. But can a few searing kisses erase their past and pave the way for a second chance at true love?

Kobo

Google Play

Apple Books

Amazon

All He Ever Dreamed Kowalski Family #6
Spoiler:
Josh Kowalski is tired of holding down the fort—better known as the Northern Star Lodge—while his siblings are off living their dreams. Now that his oldest brother has returned to Whitford, Maine for good, Josh is free to chase some dreams of his own.

As the daughter of the lodge’s longtime housekeeper, Katie Davis grew up alongside the Kowalski kids. Though she’s always been “one of the guys”, her feelings for Josh are anything but sisterly. And after a hot late-night encounter in the kitchen, it’s clear Josh finally sees her as the woman she is.

Katie’s been waiting years for Josh to notice her, but now that he has, she’s afraid it’s too late. Giving her heart to a man who can’t wait to leave town is one sure way to have it broken. But Josh keeps coming up with excuses not to leave—could it be that everything he’s ever wanted is closer than he could have imagined?

Kobo

Google Play

Apple Books

Amazon

Love a Little Sideways Kowalski Family #7
Spoiler:
Liz Kowalski is heading home to Whitford, Maine—this time for good. Eager for her family, a fresh start and some fun, she doesn’t count on being rescued by the chief of police her very first night back in town. Drew is everything she’s not looking for…so why is she still so attracted to him?

After a brief, forbidden rendezvous at her brother’s wedding, Drew Miller expects Liz to return to New Mexico and stay there. He’s searching for someone to settle down with, not a casual fling with his best friend’s sister. But when they’re stuck together on the annual Kowalski camping trip, things start going a little sideways. Keeping their hands off each other proves just as impossible as keeping their secret from becoming public knowledge.

Amid family, mud and melted marshmallow, Liz and Drew try to fight what’s growing between them. But a little time alone, a lot of chemistry and too many opinions might be just what it takes to bring together two people so determined not to fall in love.

Kobo

Google Play

Apple Books

Amazon

Taken with You Kowalski Family #8
Spoiler:
Hailey Genest has seen most of her friends marry and have babies, and she’s happy for them, but it was a lot easier before she hit forty. She’s spent her entire life in Whitford, Maine, and if she hasn’t found her Prince Charming by now, she has to accept she’s probably not going to. When a new friend suggests they go on an adventure and embrace being single, Hailey agrees.

Surviving in the woods is game warden Matt Barnett’s idea of a relaxing vacation. But when he meets two women in need of help, he leads them back to safety—a task that proves more fun than expected, thanks to a certain hot blonde. He can’t resist pushing her buttons, even though she’s made it clear that the rugged, outdoorsy type just isn’t for her.

Hailey is glad to see the back of her tempting-tour-guide-slash-pain-in-the-ass. When he shows up in her life again, she’s determined to avoid him, no matter how good he looks in his uniform. But that’s easier said than done in Whitford, especially when he’s renting the house right next door….

Kobo

Google Play

Apple Books

Amazon

Falling for Max Kowalski Family #9
Spoiler:
Max Crawford has reached the point in life where he’s starting to think about settling down. Unfortunately, he’s always been a little awkward when it comes to social interactions, and working from home doesn’t help. He spends so much time alone, painting beautiful, historically accurate model trains that half of Whitford has begun to joke that he may be a serial killer. Not exactly prime husband material.

Tori Burns has found happiness in Maine, thanks in large part to her shifts at the Trailside Diner. She likes the work, and she loves the local gossip. When shy, geeky Max Crawford becomes a regular, she’s intrigued. When she finds out he’s in the market for a wife, she’s fascinated…and determined to help.

Molding Max into every woman’s dream turns out to be much easier than expected. But has Tori’s plan worked a little too well? As she turns his comfortable life all sorts of upside down, she’ll have to find a way to show just how she’s fallen for him…the real him.

Kobo

Google Play

Apple Books

Amazon

What It Takes Kowalski Family #10 (aka A Kowalski Reunion Novel)
Spoiler:
Revisit all of your Kowalski favorites while falling in love with a brand-new romance in this reunion novel from New York Times bestselling author Shannon Stacey

Laney Caswell is looking for a change. A decade's worth of less-than-happy matrimony behind her, she wants peace—movies, books and, best of all, a new job at the Northern Star Lodge in Whitford, Maine. Spending the summer living in a camper is her chance to rediscover what makes her happy, and a perfect transition to her new life.

Being a paramedic in Whitford is nothing like Ben Rivers's city life, but when Josh Kowalski offers him the job, the lure of his hometown is too much to resist. Also too much to resist: Laney Caswell. Ben always thought he'd have a wife and kids, a happy family like the Kowalskis have all built, but he never made time in his life. Now he's found a woman who draws him like no other and helps him dream again—and the last thing she wants is a husband.

When the annual Kowalski family camping trip is moved to the Northern Star, both Ben and Laney are surrounded by the kind of happiness they've always wanted but never had. It just might be theirs—if they can put aside the past and reach for it together.

Kobo

Google Play

Apple Books

Amazon

Or you could do the bundles for less which also includes books 1-3 (the individual books: (1) Exclusively Yours, (2) Undeniably Yours, and (3) Yours to Keep are not on sale for some reason.

The bundles are on sale for $2.99 each so you get all 10 books for $8.97

The Kowalskis Collection Volume 1 (books 1-3)
Kobo

Google Play

Apple Boooks

Amazon

The Kowalskis Collection Volume 2 (books 4-6)
Kobo

Google Play

Apple Books

Amazon

The Kowalskis Collection Volume 3 (books 7-10)*
*note the descriptions of the books have the series numbers wrong
Kobo

Google Play

Apple Books

Amazon

Last edited by library addict; 06-18-2021 at 10:45 PM.