Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-12-2021, 05:16 PM   #166
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Very minor glitch:

Opening Power Search dialog, typing in a search query and pressing enter....opens the help dialog?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 05:30 PM   #167
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Very minor glitch:

Opening Power Search dialog, typing in a search query and pressing enter....opens the help dialog?
It's been this way for some months now, at least on my machine. A little quirk but one that would be pleasant to have gone
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 06:22 PM   #168
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I suspect it might be due to the placement of the GUI elements. The help button is where I would expect "Search" to be.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:25 PM   #169
mapozyan
Connoisseur
mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: android
Yeah exactly sorry for inconvenience, will fix that one too!
mapozyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:31 AM   #170
mapozyan
Connoisseur
mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: android
Version 2.1.0 released! What's new here:
- Support for multiple libraries
- Add dropdown menu to Search button
- Fix bug reported by Uncle Robin (reindex not working properly)
- Fix bug reported by ownedbycats (default button is "?" instead of "Search")
mapozyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 06:23 AM   #171
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

THANK YOU!
Old 06-16-2021, 10:33 AM   #172
UsernameMan
UsernameMan began at the beginning.

Device: Computer (Windows)
I have to pay for elastic search for this to work right? I tried using this but it fails every time. Looking at instructions, I have to install elastic search.
UsernameMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:36 AM   #173
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameMan View Post
I have to pay for elastic search for this to work right? I tried using this but it fails every time. Looking at instructions, I have to install elastic search.
You don't have to pay for elastic search. download the msi and install it locally, choosing the "free" option in the installation

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elas...t/windows.html
Old 06-16-2021, 10:53 AM   #174
frereroy
Enthusiast
frereroy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
I do not seem to find a version for running on a Mac - or am I just a bit short sighted?
frereroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:10 AM   #175
UsernameMan
UsernameMan began at the beginning.

Device: Computer (Windows)
Thank you. I appreciate it. I'm installing it now, but it's asking for me to set aside 2 gb of ram. Is this necessary? My machine has 12 gb.
UsernameMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:18 AM   #176
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Thank you. I appreciate it. I'm installing it now, but it's asking for me to set aside 2 gb of ram. Is this necessary? My machine has 12 gb.
Again, the installation allows you to set the amount by using the slider. I only have 8GB, so set mine to 1.5, which is plenty. You only need all of that when doing the full index, which you'll likely only do once
Old 06-16-2021, 11:31 AM   #177
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by frereroy View Post
I do not seem to find a version for running on a Mac - or am I just a bit short sighted?
This might help https://www.elastic.co/downloads/elasticsearch

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:17 AM   #178
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapozyan View Post
Version 2.1.0 released! What's new here:
- Support for multiple libraries
- Add dropdown menu to Search button
- Fix bug reported by Uncle Robin (reindex not working properly)
- Fix bug reported by ownedbycats (default button is "?" instead of "Search")
Hi, @mapozyan.

My feedback on this new release:

1) When I perform a search, it indexes the new added books. That's expected behavior. But, it keeps converting/indexing them again, every time I click on search.

2) For me, only the "main" ENTER key works for searching, not the one by the numerical keyboard.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:11 AM   #179
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
I set ElasticSearch to use 512 MB of memory and it works well enough.
Old 06-18-2021, 11:35 AM   #180
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
When I perform a search, it indexes the new added books. That's expected behavior. But, it keeps converting/indexing them again, every time I click on search.
The same happens to me
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote