Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-04-2021, 01:50 PM   #496
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 5, Likebook 4, Tolino 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rirawin View Post
How, I'm stuck on Android 6 but where do I update to 8 please?
Download, read and follow the instruction.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:06 PM   #497
rirawin
rirawin began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Download, read and follow the instruction.
Is this the only way, I thought by downloading the update from facebook and then updating via the file would update everything?
rirawin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:24 PM   #498
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is this the only way, I thought by downloading the update from facebook and then updating via the file would update everything?
Its the only way for an Android update.
After it, it is possible to update over the air.
Old 06-04-2021, 02:32 PM   #499
rirawin

Quote:
Its the only way for an Android update.
After it, it is possible to update over the air.
So is this the reason why the update didn't work as I need to update Android?
Old 06-04-2021, 02:49 PM   #500
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
So is this the reason why the update didn't work as I need to update Android?
Right, you must update to Android 8.1, because this update works for this Android version.
Old 06-04-2021, 02:56 PM   #501
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
I think that my Alita's fully updated. It says ByRead-V3.1.0-2021050714. Unless you want to spend your leisure time worrying about and tinkering with the device just use it. I've not seen any difference after installing updates since buying it nearly two years ago. The more you mess around the more likely it is to go wrong and if it does then you'll really have problems.
You won't be able to see the difference because you're just using this almost universally usable tablet as a dumb e-book reader.
Old 06-04-2021, 04:20 PM   #502
rirawin

OK managed to update it to latest version, the pin hole was at the top not bottom. Now installng byread v3.0.2 but its downloaded but now its checking update package
Old 06-04-2021, 04:28 PM   #503
rirawin

ARGHHHH I picked choose update immediately , and now it chimes like mad
Old 06-05-2021, 12:32 PM   #504
rirawin

OK things fixed, can I ask is there anyway I can swipe to switch the device on like AndroidInstead of having to hit the power button?
Old 06-05-2021, 01:44 PM   #505
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
OK things fixed, can I ask is there anyway I can swipe to switch the device on like AndroidInstead of having to hit the power button?
No, you can't.
Swype may only work on some devices - I don't know it on any.
Old 06-05-2021, 04:27 PM   #506
rirawin

Quote:
No, you can't.
Swype may only work on some devices - I don't know it on any.
Ah OK so its simply hit power button right, any apps people can recommend for this device. So far got moon reader and not sure if its safe to input my login for the play store due to security updates being outdated?
Old 06-05-2021, 04:33 PM   #507
rirawin

Actaully any decent note taking apps, as the one in built is OK but want a pencil to scribble with