Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 05-11-2021, 01:18 PM   #46
maximeasap
maximeasap began at the beginning.

Device: LIKEBOOK MARS
Quote:
Originally Posted by omneity View Post
Here you go. Follow it without skipping any steps and ensuring your device is sufficiently charged and you'll have no problems. Bear in mind this is just the initial update to Android 8. Subsequent updates released by Boyue will download automatically via the inbuilt update algorithm.

It's not a particularly difficult procedure as long as you follow the instructions, but it will require a bit of patience to complete fully. Do not try to rush the process.
Thank you very much Omneity, That's what I call help!
maximeasap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 11:06 AM   #47
SSagar
SSagar began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Likebook Mars Not Starting

Hello ,I have just bought the Likebook Mars, and it doesn't start. Tried charging it via the USB cable on the computer/ Wall adapter. No effect.
Is there a charging indication when charging the Device?
Subsequent tried to enter the recovery mode, it does not do so.
The device screen does not flash. Is my device broken?
Any assistance in the above matter is really appriciated.
Further, I have paid imported it into My country and do not know if it will be practical to send it back.
Thank you very much.
Good day.

SSagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:10 PM   #48
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: likebook mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSagar View Post
Hello ,I have just bought the Likebook Mars, and it doesn't start. Tried charging it via the USB cable on the computer/ Wall adapter. No effect.
Is there a charging indication when charging the Device?
Subsequent tried to enter the recovery mode, it does not do so.
The device screen does not flash. Is my device broken?
Any assistance in the above matter is really appriciated.
Further, I have paid imported it into My country and do not know if it will be practical to send it back.
Thank you very much.
Good day.

have you tried press and hold in power button for 10 seconds?
release button and wait a minute or two.
if not start-up then press and hold in power button for 50 seconds.
release button and wait a minute or two.

Last edited by raygj; 06-27-2021 at 11:15 PM.
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 08:05 AM   #49
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
There is no charge LED. Only the GUI indication on the homescreen. It does do nothing without a sufficiently long holding of power button. Then a few seconds after release it starts to boot.

Some cables or PSUs or Computer ports may not work. I've had two dodgy cables, one worked on a Kobo and the other worked on a Kindle, but not vice versa! I've one PSU that's mysteriously detected as a computer host.

I have the Mars.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:51 AM   #50
lifeform
lifeform began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten C
This looks like a more updated thread, so I'm reposting here, hopefully to get some help.

My Mars was stuck at starting up and no amount of wait could get it past that stage. I searched this forum and originally followed the instructions from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=339156 to troubleshoot further.

However, I'm still getting errors:

03:19:58 Test Device Start
03:19:58 Test Device Success
03:20:03 Error:RKU_Read_EX failed,err=-7
03:20:03 ERROR:ReadCapability-->RKU_ReadCapability failed,err(-4)
03:20:03 Check Chip Start
03:20:08 Error:RKU_Write failed,err=-7
03:20:08 ERROR:CheckChip-->RKU_ReadChipInfo failed,RetCode(-3)
03:20:08 Check Chip Fail
03:20:08 Command mode out

I'm using update tool v1.65 which is 64 bit:

# file upgrade_tool
upgrade_tool: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), statically linked, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, BuildID[sha1]=c045033bffa8866dc148b16718d8a49be47e9ecb, with debug_info, not stripped

and with the same update image:
T80D/t80d-456.img

Hope someone can help.

Thanks!
lifeform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:55 AM   #51
ioancr
ioancr began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeform View Post
However, I'm still getting errors:

03:19:58 Test Device Start
03:19:58 Test Device Success
03:20:03 Error:RKU_Read_EX failed,err=-7
03:20:03 ERROR:ReadCapability-->RKU_ReadCapability failed,err(-4)
03:20:03 Check Chip Start
03:20:08 Error:RKU_Write failed,err=-7
03:20:08 ERROR:CheckChip-->RKU_ReadChipInfo failed,RetCode(-3)
03:20:08 Check Chip Fail
03:20:08 Command mode out

I'm using update tool v1.65 which is 64 bit:

# file upgrade_tool
upgrade_tool:...
Hi. I had difficulty updating using Linux, but eventually succeeded under Windows within Virtualbox machine. Look at this post if interested, hope it helps.

Good luck
ioancr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 03:50 PM   #52
lifeform
lifeform began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten C
Thanks @ioancr, the referenced post works for flashing the firmware.
When updating to 8.1, fireware flashing succeeds. Upon reboot, it goes to a black screen with the word "erasing" in a white circle. After a while, the entire screen goes black. No amount of waiting helps.

Did you encounter that?

Last edited by lifeform; 09-04-2021 at 03:53 PM.
lifeform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:46 AM   #53
Jinz
Enthusiast
Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by omneity View Post
Here you go. Follow it without skipping any steps and ensuring your device is sufficiently charged and you'll have no problems. Bear in mind this is just the initial update to Android 8. Subsequent updates released by Boyue will download automatically via the inbuilt update algorithm.

It's not a particularly difficult procedure as long as you follow the instructions, but it will require a bit of patience to complete fully. Do not try to rush the process.
The Mega.nz link in the pdf for the flashing tool is dead. Is there any other place I can get this "Androidtool"?
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:53 AM   #54
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinz View Post
The Mega.nz link in the pdf for the flashing tool is dead. Is there any other place I can get this "Androidtool"?
I don't currently have the version linked in the pdf on me, but this should work too.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 05:17 PM   #55
grainfelt
grainfelt began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Hi folks,

I've had this issue for around 2 years now, during which I tried to follow the instructions provided by the PDF in a virtual machine. However, this ended up in my Likebook Mars getting bricked around half a year ago, with the following error message displayed on what I think is Recovery Mode:

Code:
E:failed to mount /mnt/external_sd (No such device)
Supported API: 3
Rebooting to bootloader...
From this point, I can't do anything. I've tried re-running the Android tool without success, holding the power and reset buttons, running ADB, but to no effect. Also, it's worth mentioning that the battery running out during these past 6 months has not affected this error message on my display at all.

It's fair to say I've run out of ideas, but I wouldn't want to just discard this device, as I merely used it for a week before this issue appeared. So, any help would be more than welcome.
grainfelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 12:27 AM   #56
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Upgrade to Android 8.1.
The necessary files are here
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote