Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 05-26-2021, 07:17 PM   #1
yar57
yar57 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Muses
Floating Ball

I have a Muses. Just noticed a system app named, "Floating Ball" on the main App page. Running it enables a persistent movable icon through which numerous other system components can be quickly accessed. Pretty nice.. Did this just appear in the latest update or has it been there a long time?
yar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:28 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yar57 View Post
I have a Muses. Just noticed a system app named, "Floating Ball" on the main App page. Running it enables a persistent movable icon through which numerous other system components can be quickly accessed. Pretty nice.. Did this just appear in the latest update or has it been there a long time?
This exists only since the last update
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 08:27 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
What does this "Floating Ball" do? I got it last night on my Mars. I couldn't figure it from the upgrade notes or the app.

Additionally, now turning off Google Framework doesn't hide Google Play Books and it creates an error message if WiFi is on at Power on, or you accidentally open it.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 09:11 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
What does this "Floating Ball" do? I got it last night on my Mars. I couldn't figure it from the upgrade notes or the app.
It can be activated and it is a button through which you can access the functions set in the corresponding setting.
Old 05-29-2021, 01:33 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I gathered that, though it only seemed to bring up tiles of short cuts and a circle that could be dragged, but snapped back to the left edge of the screen.

I struggle to see how a disc-ball-circle you drag around and an extra set of short cut tiles is an accessibility feature, or of any value at all. But maybe I'm doing it wrong.
Old 05-29-2021, 02:25 PM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Yes, I gathered that, though it only seemed to bring up tiles of short cuts and a circle that could be dragged, but snapped back to the left edge of the screen.

I struggle to see how a disc-ball-circle you drag around and an extra set of short cut tiles is an accessibility feature, or of any value at all. But maybe I'm doing it wrong.
You can assign certain values to the individual buttons in the main menu.
E.g. home, back, refresh, reduce ball would be useful for full screen applications.
Old 05-29-2021, 06:10 PM   #7
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
You can assign certain values to the individual buttons in the main menu.
E.g. home, back, refresh, reduce ball would be useful for full screen applications.
How? Where, i’M completely confused? There is no ball observable on mine?
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 12:08 AM   #8
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemack View Post
How? Where, i’M completely confused? There is no ball observable on mine?
You have to activate it.
Old 05-30-2021, 02:01 AM   #9
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:

Additionally, now turning off Google Framework doesn't hide Google Play Books and it creates an error message if WiFi is on at Power on, or you accidentally open it.
Just uninstall the google play books app from the settings/apps screen. If you long press on the app icon you might be able to uninstall there too.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 08:39 AM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Just uninstall the google play books app from the settings/apps screen. If you long press on the app icon you might be able to uninstall there too.
Why would I uninstall it? The point of the Mars is to be able to use Kindle, Kobo, Borrowbox and Google Playbooks on eInk, not just LCD phone or Tablets.

It was nice that it and Playstore was "hidden" when the Google Framework is off. I wish my tablets & phones had such setting as Google are so dishonest. Previously if I wanted to read a Google sourced ebook I'd enable the framework and disable WiFi, unless I wanted another from the Playstore. Makes me suspicious that PlayBooks needs the Framework. However the Kindle App tries to use my phone's Mobile (cellular) data connection, even though it's disabled, without a manual launching. So I removed it from everything except the Mars now.
Old 05-30-2021, 09:15 AM   #11
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Had it on Onyx for ages. Very handy.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 05:53 AM   #12
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Why would I uninstall it? The point of the Mars is to be able to use Kindle, Kobo, Borrowbox and Google Playbooks on eInk, not just LCD phone or Tablets.

It was nice that it and Playstore was "hidden" when the Google Framework is off. I wish my tablets & phones had such setting as Google are so dishonest. Previously if I wanted to read a Google sourced ebook I'd enable the framework and disable WiFi, unless I wanted another from the Playstore. Makes me suspicious that PlayBooks needs the Framework. However the Kindle App tries to use my phone's Mobile (cellular) data connection, even though it's disabled, without a manual launching. So I removed it from everything except the Mars now.
Sorry, I thought from what you said you were trying to gett rid of the Google stuff and was confused why it was still there and crashed without the framework. All the Google play X (games, books, movies ect.) apps use the framework from what I know.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 08:07 AM   #13
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

It's OK, easy to misunderstand on the Internet.