Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 05-28-2021, 05:26 PM   #1
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Likebook P10 user manual

Having just purchased a likebook p10, I find it excellent, I can read my ePub books and kindle books without having to convert or remove the DRM.
However I find the user manual to be a little strange and obviously badly translated into English by someone who is not entirely familiar with English grammar or usage. This leads me to not being able to fully utilise the device to its maximum capabilities e.g.

What is “floating ball” and how do you use it?
What is meant by “Palace Mode”?

At times the manual descends into gibberish, can anyone point me in the direction of a better translation or how to video perhaps!

Apart from that I have found it to be an excellent eReader for my books and well worth the money, very good value so far.
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:45 PM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
The floating ball can be moved and allows access to several buttons (functions) and it is adjustable which ones. But it has to be activated.
And the palace mode shows the book covers.
Just try it out!
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 07:36 AM   #3
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
The floating ball can be moved and allows access to several buttons (functions) and it is adjustable which ones. But it has to be activated.
Thanks for that but it doesn’t really help. I’ve activated it but what next? There is no obvious change, when I open it it still shows the same indecipherable nonsense, something called “Auxilliary suspension tool” and a series of boxes which when opened lead to more questions. Nothing helps in the risibly called User Manual!
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 09:05 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemack View Post
Thanks for that but it doesn’t really help. I’ve activated it but what next? There is no obvious change, when I open it it still shows the same indecipherable nonsense, something called “Auxilliary suspension tool” and a series of boxes which when opened lead to more questions. Nothing helps in the risibly called User Manual!
Activate it! It is a very helpful application
Then there is a sliding circle and if you press on it, the buttons made in the setting will open.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote