Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-21-2021, 10:23 AM   #16
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by morty92222 View Post
I noticed this warning:
Code:
Warning W14010: media file not found
But I don't understand how if the cover is actually there!
That is caused by the known problem of calibre replacing the cover image in the book but not updating links that point to the original cover image. You need to check the option to "Use cover from source file" in the Metadata tab of the conversion dialog to fix this. (I made a mistake in my previous post and incorrectly wrote that you should uncheck it. I appologize.)
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:04 AM   #17
morty92222
Enthusiast
morty92222 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
That is caused by the known problem of calibre replacing the cover image in the book but not updating links that point to the original cover image. You need to check the option to "Use cover from source file" in the Metadata tab of the conversion dialog to fix this. (I made a mistake in my previous post and incorrectly wrote that you should uncheck it. I appologize.)
I just tried that but it did not work. The warning is still there as well as the broken link image.

Edit: So, first time I tried it I only checked the box. The second time I specified a location of the cover and it worked! Thank you for pointing me to the right direction!

Last edited by morty92222; 05-21-2021 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Add solution
morty92222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, conversion, kfx, kindle