Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 03-22-2021, 07:26 AM   #16
drawingbreath
drawingbreath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Boyue Likebook Mars, Kobo Touch
Seem to have moved off topic a fair bit. There seems to be more concern with online/digital payments than anything related directly to Boyue devices.
drawingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:40 AM   #17
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Eh? I've used both credit and debit cards with Google Play for years, without ANY problems.
The problem is breaking the link. Google sets up a special automatic thing with Paypal. It's Google is the problem, not 3rd party security.

I also dislike Amazon's so called one click. Edit your delivery address if you want credit card to be validated each time you check out.

Last edited by Quoth; 03-22-2021 at 09:44 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:42 AM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawingbreath View Post
Seem to have moved off topic a fair bit. There seems to be more concern with online/digital payments than anything related directly to Boyue devices.
There is no specific problem with a Boyue eink. Only the general issues of Internet, Playstore and Google. Google only respects national laws when forced to do so. They are an Ad agency that uses technology, not a technology company.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:51 AM   #19
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
The problem is breaking the link. Google sets up a special automatic thing with Paypal. It's Google is the problem, not 3rd party security.
You can just remove the card from your Google Wallet, or if you use PayPal, it's quite easy to disable any automatic payments with them. I've had many PayPal auto payments with various services over the years, and never have had any problem with disabling them on the PayPal website. Don't see what the issue is.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:36 AM   #20
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Google had a special listing on my PayPal Account that I had to get Paypal to remove.

You can ADD paypay via the Playstore App, but you need to use a Chrome compatible browser to remove it in your Google account. And then it's STILL there as a "subscription" automatically created by Google, with zero notification, deep in the Paypal account settings, that you can't remove yourself.

They are deceptive.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:22 PM   #21
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Google had a special listing on my PayPal Account that I had to get Paypal to remove.

You can ADD paypay via the Playstore App, but you need to use a Chrome compatible browser to remove it in your Google account. And then it's STILL there as a "subscription" automatically created by Google, with zero notification, deep in the Paypal account settings, that you can't remove yourself.

They are deceptive.
That's very strange, because I've never seen a PayPal subscription I couldn't remove myself. And I've had dozens of them, including one with Microsoft. All of them were perfectly removable in my PayPal account settings.

That said, I don't use PayPal with Google services, only credit and debit cards.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:54 AM   #22
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Yes. Google seems to be the exception.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:44 AM   #23
Anishacorn
Anishacorn began at the beginning.

Device: non
I agree with this.
Anishacorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 01:51 PM   #24
MarginJng
MarginJng began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Google sets up a special automatic thing with Paypal. So it's Google is the problem, not 3rd party security. I also dislike Amazon's so-called one click. Edit your delivery address if you want your credit card to be validated each time you check out.IDK, I always used Trustchain. It's a global reputation database with 300+ million reputation records that stops varying types of events with compromised identifiers. This is a collaboration inspired by blockchain for the age of growing data breaches. Pretty cool tho. For more information you can access https://covery.ai/products/trustchain , where is the instruction for use.
MarginJng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:57 AM   #25
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarginJng View Post
Google sets up a special automatic thing with Paypal. So it's Google is the problem, not 3rd party security. I also dislike Amazon's so-called one click. Edit your delivery address if you want your credit card to be validated each time you check out.
Both good advice. Though I'd avoid ANYTHING actually using blockchain for ANYTHING as it's not just coin mining that's environmentally unfriendly, the transactions are not scaleable and use about x1000 more CPU time per item than IBAN. It's a technology invented purely to support cryptocoins, which are tulips. As are now NFTs.