Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-23-2020, 01:02 AM   #31
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You're very likely right. Maybe different departments are making decisions about different things and they don't talk to each other. It doesn't matter to me whether or not they don't like links in books; I just tossed that out there.

I still stand by my assertion that putting links in books is a mistake. Another case where just because you can doesn't mean you should.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:07 AM   #32
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I only have links in the Front Matter and only to our own site. I'm contemplating ditching that. People can highlight and search.
Apple can be tricky even about LIVE links!
Some Forums / Resources don't allow any external links off site, or only to YouTube (because they can't host video). They want all the content for an article to be eternally available. One is set up as a foundation to ensure continuity with a back mirror on a different continent as well as the regular backups.
Amazing how many sites don't backup or forget to ALSO backup the CMS database, or attachments!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote