Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 07:31 AM   #31
marcusgennaroz
marcusgennaroz began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Hi! I am not able to run the .exe file. I downloaded the zip file and tried to open the .exe file. Are there any required files to be installed?
Thanks!
M.
marcusgennaroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #32
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
This thread should get moved to the PDF thread.

MobileRead Forums -> E-Book Formats -> PDF

Since this tool really just manipulates PDFs to PDFs

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #33
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Hi!

Any chance to get the code compiled for Mac OS X? Visual Studio seems to be heavily tied to Windows...

Cheers,

Alfy.
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #34
theguru
theguru doesn't littertheguru doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfy View Post
Hi!

Any chance to get the code compiled for Mac OS X? Visual Studio seems to be heavily tied to Windows...

Cheers,

Alfy.
I do not have Mac OS X but anyone interested can compile it since the source is avaiable. Visual Studio is not required to run the program only to compile it.
theguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #35
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguru View Post
I do not have Mac OS X but anyone interested can compile it since the source is avaiable. Visual Studio is not required to run the program only to compile it.
What language is it written in? There is NO visual studio for Mac... as I'm sure you know.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #36
bill_syue
bill_syue began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
I'm a beginner. Can someone help me on using the soPdf tool? I am using WinXP system and I put soPdf.exe and the sample pdf file "ebooktestin.pdf" under C:\. And then I opened the CMD window under the directory of C:\. I typed "soPdf.exe -i ebooktestin.pdf". I was told that "The system cannot execute the specified program".
bill_syue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:21 PM   #37
theguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_syue View Post
I'm a beginner. Can someone help me on using the soPdf tool? I am using WinXP system and I put soPdf.exe and the sample pdf file "ebooktestin.pdf" under C:\. And then I opened the CMD window under the directory of C:\. I typed "soPdf.exe -i ebooktestin.pdf". I was told that "The system cannot execute the specified program".
Seems like people do not read complete instruction. You have to download the runtime libraries from Microsoft. Do a search for Visual Studio 2008 runtime libraries.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:21 PM   #38
theguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What language is it written in? There is NO visual studio for Mac... as I'm sure you know.

BOb
Its written in C/C++
Old 01-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #39
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Its written in C/C++
so, can it be compiled with XCode tools, GNU or something?

Any idea?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #40
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
so, can it be compiled with XCode tools, GNU or something?

Any idea?

BOb
Bob it should with a little work. A lot of the tools theGuru used are GNU*.
=X=

Last edited by =X=; 01-14-2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: * I'm stating this from memory, when I looked few months back.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:05 PM   #41
bill_syue

Quote:
Seems like people do not read complete instruction. You have to download the runtime libraries from Microsoft. Do a search for Visual Studio 2008 runtime libraries.
Thanks a lot! Initially I thought I don't need to install VS 2008 runtime librabries since I have Visual Studio 2005 in my laptop. Just now I downloaded and installed a VS 2008 runtime library and now it works! thanks again!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:38 AM   #42
bill_syue

One more question:

Can someone explained a bit more about "-m" option? What does all these options mean? Is the "fit 2xWidth " option best suited for PRS-505? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:05 AM   #43
Emit
Emit is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS505
linux port

First of all, I finally got a ereader (PRS-505) and I love it, except the screen is a lot smaller than I expected. I don't read novels (pft who has time for those! ) but textbooks and papers, so I really needed something to cut out the margins and basically maximize reading area. Thankfully soPdf does exactly that... but for windows

Attached is my port of soPdf for Linux.

I included a binary plus my sources for soPdf.c and processPdf.c and a brief readme.

the only dynamic dependencies are to common libs like libjpeg, zlib, freetype, etc so it should work out of the box on any modern distro (I tested on ubuntu 8.04..) I also compiled in the optional jbig2dec dependency.

it works for me, i've used it on multiple pdfs ~15-20MB each.
however, YMMV

thanks theguru
Attached Files
File Type: gz sopdf-0.1a.tar.gz (557.1 KB, 1723 views)
Emit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #44
cszhy
cszhy began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Hi when I try to convert the attached file, it seems doesn't work , the file I got can not be opened, connect reader shows
"operation failed due to an error"

I would be very appreciated if anyone can help

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf jddf.pdf (3.85 MB, 3088 views)
cszhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:14 AM   #45
bill_syue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cszhy View Post
Hi when I try to convert the attached file, it seems doesn't work , the file I got can not be opened, connect reader shows
"operation failed due to an error"

I would be very appreciated if anyone can help

Thanks
No problem from my side. I attached the converted file. FYI
Attached Files
File Type: pdf jddf.pdfout.pdf (3.86 MB, 1433 views)