Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
ebookwise.com no longer selling ebooks

This just received in my email:
Quote:
Because the eBookwise-1150 device is no longer available for sale, we will be discontinuing sales of all eBooks on the eBookwise site as of June 11th, 2012.

You can continue to access and enjoy the eBooks in your eBookwise library. As always, we appreciate that you are a loyal customer and we will continue to maintain a quality eReading experience for you.

You can obtain new content for your eBookwise-1150 by purchasing MultiFormat eBooks at Fictionwise.com.

Please see the FAQ below for more information.

Sincerely,

The eBookwise Team

=================
FAQ
=================

- With eBookwise.com no longer selling eBooks, can I still access my Online Bookshelf?

Yes, you can access all the eBooks you've purchased over the years at eBookwise.com. Your Online Bookshelf will remain available for you to download your purchased eBooks at any time.

- What about new titles? Where should I buy new titles and will they be available to read on my eBookwise-1150?

The eBookwise-1150 device is no longer available for sale, so eBookwise will no longer offer new titles at eBookwise.com. The eBookwise-1150 works with MultiFormat eBooks, which you can purchase at Fictionwise (www.fictionwise.com.) Use the link below to log in at Fictionwise.com with your eBookwise LoginID and Password:
http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?t=login

To use Fictionwise's MultiFormat (non-encrypted) eBooks on an eBookwise-1150 device, download the OEBFF Half VGA (IMP) version from your Fictionwise bookshelf, and then use the Personal Content Server to download to your device. Here is a link to that section of the help page:
http://www.ebookwise.com/servlet/mw?....htm&si=43#ETI

You can also transfer your own HTML, Word DOC, RTF, text, or non-encrypted Rocket RB files to the eBookwise-1150 device via the Personal Content Server.

- Can I still use my eBookwise Store Credit?

Yes! If you have eBookwise Store Credit, you can use your eBookwise LoginID and Password to log in to Fictionwise.com and your eBookwise Store Credit will be available at Fictionwise as Micropay Dollars, which you can use to purchase MultiFormat eBooks at Fictionwise.com.

- Customer Support information

If you have more questions about eBookwise and your past purchases, use the link below to contact the eBookwise Support Team:
http://www.ebookwise.com/servlet/mw?t=support&si=43

You can also contact the eBookwise Support Team by sending an email to support@ebookwise.com.

To change your newsletter preferences, click here:
http://www.ebookwise.com/servlet/mw?a=mv&t=update&si=43

Copyright © 2012
Fictionwise, LLC.
http://www.eBookwise.com
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I wouldn't trust that my books would be "always available". How long is "always" anyway? Can the guarantee that 30 years from now they'll even still be in business much less maintaining their servers? If you bought books from them with DRM clean them up immediately while you still can access them.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
I wouldn't trust that my books would be "always available". How long is "always" anyway? Can the guarantee that 30 years from now they'll even still be in business much less maintaining their servers? If you bought books from them with DRM clean them up immediately while you still can access them.
That is good advice. Karma for you!
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote