Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #256
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantinus View Post
Unfortunately I could not make a patch for kobo forma 4.11.11982
Spoiler:
Code:
Footnotes and alike:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: |
      Change footnotes and alike font-size
#        - Touch # Trilogy
#        - Touch2 # Pika
#        - Mini # Pixie
#        - AuraHD # Dragon
#        - Aura # Phoenix
#        - Aura2 # Star
#        - Glo # Kraken - uses the values of Phoenix
#        - H2O # Dahlia - uses the values of Dragon
#        - H2O2 # Snow
#        - GloHD # Alyssum
#        - ClaraHD # Nova
#        - AuraOne # Daylight
  - FindZlib:  "QWidget[small"
# Pop-up header (footnotes and alike)
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "HeaderMediumElidedLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 30px;\n}\n\
                HeaderMediumElidedLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 36px;\n}\n\
                HeaderMediumElidedLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 46px;\n}\n\
                HeaderMediumElidedLabel[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumLabel[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true] {\n  font-size: 50px;\n}\n\
                HeaderMediumElidedLabel[qApp_deviceIsNova=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsNova=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumLabel[qApp_deviceIsNova=true] {\n  font-size: 50px;\n}\n\
                HeaderMediumElidedLabel[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumLabel[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 60px;\n}\n\
                HeaderMediumElidedLabel[qApp_deviceIsFrost=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsFrost=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumLabel[qApp_deviceIsFrost=true] {\n  font-size: 60px;\n}"
      Replace: "HeaderMediumElidedLabel,HeaderMediumTouchLabel,HeaderMediumLabel{font-size:60px;}"
# Pop-up text (footnotes and alike)
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "RegularTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 19px;\n}\n\
                RegularTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 23px;\n}\n\
                RegularTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}\n\
                RegularTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                RegularTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsNova=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                RegularTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 37px;\n}\n\
                RegularTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsFrost=true] {\n  font-size: 37px;\n}"
      Replace: "RegularTouchLabel{font-size:46px;}"

ReplaceZlib: find string not found in stream
You can't add anything inside find string. Definitively, red lines aren't in the version of nickel 4.11.11982 I have. There isn't any deviceIsFrost.
Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:56 AM   #257
konstantinus
Connoisseur
konstantinus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
You can't add anything inside find string. Definitively, red lines aren't in the version of nickel 4.11.11982 I have. There isn't any deviceIsFrost.
Good luck.
Yes, it was a wrong assumption. Everything works on Forma in its original form )) Thanks!
konstantinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:56 PM   #258
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantinus View Post
Yes, it was a wrong assumption. Everything works on Forma in its original form )) Thanks!
You're welcome.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:43 PM   #259
ebok
ebok began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Is there a mod/patch for a reboot/shutdown button? I'm on the KA1 on the latest patch.

EDIT: In addition, is there a forced left/center/right justify option?

Last edited by ebok; 01-10-2019 at 03:46 PM.
ebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:06 PM   #260
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebok View Post
EDIT: In addition, is there a forced left/center/right justify option?
When reading, bring up the menus, tap the "Aa" icon to open the font settings. That has left and centred justification options. When you change this, it is saved for the current book and becomes the default for future books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:15 AM   #261
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
When reading, bring up the menus, tap the "Aa" icon to open the font settings. That has left and centred justification options. When you change this, it is saved for the current book and becomes the default for future books.
Does that override the CSS justification rules applied at the p/div level? Or only default/body level?
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:03 AM   #262
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
Does that override the CSS justification rules applied at the p/div level? Or only default/body level?
As usual with Kobo CSS, the answer depends on whether you're talking about epub or kepub.

Kobo's current override defaults when using the Aa font menu:
epub:
Code:
body {text-align: %1 !important;}
body {line-height: %1 !important;}
body, p { font-family: -ua-default !important;}
kepub:
Code:
div, p {text-align: %1 !important;}
body, p { line-height: %1 !important; }
* { font-family: %1 !important; }
In general, kepub uses more aggressive overrides. Which override policy is "better" is entirely subjective and will usually depend on how much TLC you've put into correcting the book's own internal CSS

No matter what the current defaults are, there are a few Kobo patches available to change override defaults for those who want them.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:38 PM   #263
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Thanks @jackie_w. I read exclusively epub and a fair number of books use div, not p. That explains why I was struggling to set the alignment I wanted using the Aa menu when I got my first Kobo

I "fix" (or rather tune to my liking) the CSS of every book I own so I'm mostly oblivious to how the overrides work as I take out those styles.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:42 PM   #264
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
The 3 missing libadobe patches are back: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=177
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:01 AM   #265
tatuk
tatuk doesn't littertatuk doesn't littertatuk doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700
Hello,
any news about Metazoa patches for v.4.12.12111?

Thank you very much in advance!
tatuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:19 AM   #266
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatuk View Post
Hello,
any news about Metazoa patches for v.4.12.12111?

Thank you very much in advance!
All the patches are available in kobopatch, and there are many new ones too. If you really want them in the old format, I can generate them for you, but I highly recommend using kobopatch.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #267
tatuk
tatuk doesn't littertatuk doesn't littertatuk doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700
Hi geek1011,
oh, somehow I missed kobopatch! Didn't know about it.

Looks like it's enough for me to apply new patches to my Forma, thank you very much!
tatuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:51 AM   #268
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
All the patches are available in kobopatch, and there are many new ones too. If you really want them in the old format, I can generate them for you, but I highly recommend using kobopatch.

EDIT: I figured it out, thank you for your hard work!

I put the file KoboRoot.tgz in my .kobo on my ClaraHD but nothing happened when I turned on my device, which step did I miss?

Last edited by jasius; 03-22-2019 at 02:05 AM.
jasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:41 AM   #269
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasius View Post
EDIT: I figured it out, thank you for your hard work!

I put the file KoboRoot.tgz in my .kobo on my ClaraHD but nothing happened when I turned on my device, which step did I miss?
Try to read patch topic - here.
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:19 AM   #270
skymix
skymix began at the beginning.

Device: kobo H2O Edition 2 Version 2
Are the last metazoa patch be compatible with mark7 ebooks or are only for the Mark5/6 Ebooks?

http://kobo.lectoreselectronicos.com...4.14.12777.zip

Are you going to release Mark7 metazoa patches?

Thanks
skymix is offline   Reply With Quote