Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-06-2018, 09:21 PM   #46
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Well, fixing bugs isn't sexy or cool. I generally like Apple, but there are certain aspects about Apple that I'm not fond of. Of course, all companies have things they could do better. Apple is usually pretty good about fixing stuff that appears in the news like this charging issue (it's not even wireless charging, but regular wired charging), so I'm sure they will come out with a bug fix in the next couple of weeks. They usually do within the first couple weeks of a new release.
I guess it could be worse...ars Technica is reporting that Microsoft suspended distribution of their October Update to Windows 10. From the article:

Quote:
Earlier this week Microsoft started distributing the Windows 10 October 2018 Update, version 1809, to Windows users that manually checked for updates. The company has now halted that rollout after many reports that installing it is causing serious data loss: specifically, deleting the Documents, and perhaps Pictures, folders.
Apparently a lot of people reported this bug and Microsoft ignored them.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #47
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
Thankfully I'm not having any charging issues with my iPhone 7, iPad Mini 2, or iPad Pro 9.7, but neither device is capable of the wireless charging so I have to plug them in. I know Apple is having issues with the wireless charging. All my devices seem to drain the battery at least as fast as they did in iOS 11.x.x. I think the battery drain is worse in iOS 12, but that is just a feeling and not based on any hard facts.
I agree with you on the charging, especially my iPhone 6. I need to charge it by about midday as it gets to 20-40% by then! Not sure if that could be improved if I took it to Apple to get the battery replaced?

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:38 AM   #48
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukami View Post
I agree with you on the charging, especially my iPhone 6. I need to charge it by about midday as it gets to 20-40% by then! Not sure if that could be improved if I took it to Apple to get the battery replaced?

Inukami
If you are still using the original battery you should definitely take it in to have the battery replaced. It should last the full day or nearly so.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:16 PM   #49
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:

Inukami
Generally speaking, if you noticed a big drop in battery life after updating the phone, then it's probably something with the update. Sometimes doing a hard reset will clear up whatever app or process that's eating up the power. Sometimes there is a specific app that is the problem. I suspect there is something wrong with the podcast app, for example.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:11 PM   #50
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:

Inukami
My iPhone6 battery is draining more quickly with iOS 12, and I had the battery replaced a few months ago, so it's not just your battery. It's not a huge drain like you're experiencing, but I do see the battery meter drop a little more quickly with iOS 12 than 11. That said, replacing the battery was definitely worth it in terms of speeding up my iPhone.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:57 PM   #51
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3

I would like to point out that this is the wrong thread for iOS 12 discussions. This one’s about Mojave (macOS 10.14).

Be that as it may, there’s been an update to iOS 12:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/amitcho...-0-1-features/

Last edited by tomsem; 10-10-2018 at 10:01 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote