Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 03-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #781
Jinz
Enthusiast
Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
With PDfs it's the font spacing setting that does sometimes pull words together when you reflow them.
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 09:00 AM   #782
Fishy19
Fishy19 began at the beginning.

Device: mars T80d
So does it support Android 8 now?
Fishy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:03 AM   #783
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy19 View Post
So does it support Android 8 now?
I think no
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:41 AM   #784
urbie
Enthusiast
urbie began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I think no
I'm sure not. Recently got an update but system still says: Android Version 6.01
urbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:26 PM   #785
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
My Likebook Mars has the habit of randomly joining small words like 'as', 'in', 'on', 'the', 'but' etc. to the ends or beginnings of the adjacent words, so for example something like 'community of' appears as 'communityof'. It's not like it in the ebook files as I've checked them on a pc. Often the longer word is a name of something, but not always. Also the spacing between words is an inconsistent size.

It's been happening for quite a while and I've done several updates and it's not changed (last one about 8 weeks ago). Does this happen to other people, is there a fix for it? Apologies if this question has been answered before, I searched but could not find anything related to it. Thanks.

EDIT: I'm reading epubs.
I saw that with the old default reader, but I haven't seen it with ZReader, and I have never seen it in the apps I normally use for reading, such as Moon+ Reader and the Kindle app.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:18 PM   #786
Pioneer129
Pioneer129 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura h2o, kobo glo, pocketbook 622, Kobo Aura one
Do you recommend likebook mars in july 2020?

Hello. I would like to know 4 things about likebook mars
1. How is its battery life (both with and without WiFi?)
2. Can I install Koreader latest version into it?
3. It's currently on sale on Banggood.com for 170$, should I buy it and how reliable is banggood itself in terms of after sales services+ warranty?
4. And what about the issues with mars like sticking the device in boot loop, bricking, software issues, etc
Thanks

Last edited by Pioneer129; 07-12-2020 at 04:21 PM.
Pioneer129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:37 AM   #787
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer129 View Post
I don't care, I always charged at about 50%.
But I was not on long safaris without electricity.
I also have enough free sockets at home.
Quote:
I don't use the KOReader, but the only pro program I haven't got started was Sygic
Quote:
3. It's currently on sale on Banggood.com for 170$, should I buy it and how reliable is banggood itself in terms of after sales services+ warranty?
What does that have to do with Likebook Mars?
Quote:
4. And what about the issues with mars like sticking the device in boot loop, bricking, software issues, etc
Thanks
The one that I had and sold to a friend works without problems.
The device is maintained and charged in good time.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:05 PM   #788
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer129 View Post
Hello. I would like to know 4 things about likebook mars
Thanks
I never played with the Mars but had in my hands a Likebook Mimas, which is similar and use the same SoC.

1. Not too bad on normal usage. It is bad keeping charge on suspension. You should power off for long periods without usage.

2. Yeah. Works fine. Use the last version from github or F-droid. The one that comes in the Likebook store is a bit old.

3. No idea.

4. Hardware issues aside this device is pretty indestructible SW wise. They use a custom protocol as bootloader. My suggestion, if you purchase the product, would be doing a initial backup of boot, system and data partitions and never touch the rest of them. If something go bad you can restore them.

You can read more about backup/flash in http://www.hotmcu.com/wiki/Flashing_..._Rockchip_Tool. I never played with Windows tools but rkflashkit is amazing.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:11 AM   #789
patientxtr
Enthusiast
patientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it is

Device: Likebook Mars, Kindle 3(sold), Jetbook Lite (gave away)
Hi there. After a very long time being without a eink device (I had a kindle keyboard and before that a jetbook lite) and using normal phones and tablets for reading in the end I decided to get likebook mars, I am planning to buy it in the next few weeks. What tips and tricks are there for the device ? Latest programs I should have, maybe to backup the system if possible somehow and make it brick proof (as much as possible), also tricks to keep power usage minimum and to keep device healthy.
patientxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 01:37 PM   #790
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
Prepare yourself to be underwhelmed after a hefty expense. These devices are basically e-readers with unfulfilled promise. To maximise battery life keep it disconnected from the internet.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:22 PM   #791
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
Prepare yourself to be underwhelmed after a hefty expense.
Show a cheaper 7.8 inch EInk device!
Old 08-21-2020, 03:02 AM   #792
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
It's more a matter of value for money and reliability. My Alita gets a ton of use but only because it cost so much and I'm not sure how long it will last. Support is about zero, it's not pocket sized and upgrades so far have been disappointing. A Kindle or Kobo makes far more sense. There's recent posts on yellowing of the Mars screen and today I read of one bricked with an attempted Android update.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 02:05 PM   #793
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by patientxtr View Post
maybe to backup the system if possible somehow and make it brick proof (as much as possible)
It's impossible to brick this device. After getting it make a backup and as long as the hardware is ok you will always be able to restore it. For a windows software, with a detailed readme, see https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/dev...ew-rk-2-1-tool . On linux you can use rkflashtool (some parts of readme from a windows package may be helpful to understand how to use it).
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 02:48 PM   #794
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
The black wallpaper has always been an issue. Still no fix, it seems.
If you are still looking for a luncher that can show wallpaper on Likebook devices look here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4053276.
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote