Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-24-2019, 03:48 AM   #31
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You win some, you lose some. I personally find it easier to remove those #$%^&*() absolute measurements from the CSS than to suffer through some of oddities generated when the renderer does not follow the stylesheet(s). You don't want all text starting at the left margin? Tough luck.
I wouldn't even know where to begin with finding and removing the #$%^&*() characters. I don't lose my margins on my Tolinos -- and I'm used to adding the extra line spacing anyhow, because the Sonys don't have line spacing settings. It's all good -- just wish the Kobos worked more like the Tolinos in this particular instance.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:03 AM   #32
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
Btw, there is a patch to force user line-height on a Kobo. I do remove hard-coded line-heights in the calibre editor, but sometimes I miss some of them and the patch takes care of those.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2019, 08:19 PM   #33
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Btw, there is a patch to force user line-height on a Kobo. I do remove hard-coded line-heights in the calibre editor, but sometimes I miss some of them and the patch takes care of those.
Ah, I think I used to know that but had forgotten. Thanks for reminding me! I haven't been patching the Kobos because most of my reasons for patching them have gone away because of the included features in the newer firmware. But this may cause me to rethink that decision.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:46 PM   #34
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
I don't encounter the problem that often. I think I have just two books that wouldn't allow me to change the fonts or the line spacing (both published by Penguin). I'd solved the font problem, and your suggestion does solve the other. Now both books allow different fonts and different line spacings. Thank you very much for your help on this.

Jim
I had that issue with a Val McDermid book I read. Ended up having to read it on my phone, otherwise the font was too light to read.

I'm not sure the OP's issue is totally down to file size. I've had an epub that was 1.9MB of text only that was fine, and several that are epubs that are graphic novels that are around 32MB.

That being said, my Forma likes to freeze for no discernable reason. I've had it freeze and need to be hard rebooted from purchased epubs from Smashwords, ones I've converted from Amazon, and ones Calibre has pulled from Archive of Our Own.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote