Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2019, 08:46 PM   #31
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Would love to have Dropbox access on my ka1 as my calibre folder is synced to Dropbox, no more connecting to the PC.
Yeah. I'd probably still use Calibre for bulk operations. But it would be nice to download a book or two sometimes without messing with USB cords.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:59 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
No problem. And due to our cleanup work last version, it's a lot faster to update the patches. See the GitHub repo for the progress so far (it's almost done).
The patch for the shutoff timer doesn't work. My H2O shuts off in less then 24 hours. This is the patch to allow more more time until the shutdown.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2019, 09:08 PM   #33
disconnected
Evangelist
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O2; Nook Glowlight 3; Oasis; Glo HD; Aura; iPAQ 4700(retired)
My Libra took only seconds to update, possibly because I don't have many books on it yet.

It fixed the touchscreen issues. Now the Libra works correctly in all four orientations.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:14 PM   #34
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura Edition 2, Moto G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The patch for the shutoff timer doesn't work. My H2O shuts off in less then 24 hours. This is the patch to allow more more time until the shutdown.
I'll probably need to add a few more offsets to that, then.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:18 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
I'll probably need to add a few more offsets to that, then.
Thank you for looking into this.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2019, 09:21 PM   #36
slkissinger
Enthusiast
slkissinger is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.slkissinger is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.slkissinger is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.slkissinger is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.slkissinger is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.slkissinger is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.slkissinger is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.slkissinger is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.slkissinger is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.slkissinger is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.slkissinger is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Multiple Kindles, Pocketbook Touch HD3, Kobo Clara HD
Updated Mini, Forma, and ClaraHD to 4.18.13737; and patched 'em all. Thanks geek1011.

fyi...Forma:

overrides:
src/nickel.yaml:
Show all games: yes
Increase home screen cover size: yes
Increase library cover size: yes
src/libadobe.so.yaml:
src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml:
PowerSettings - UnlockEnabled: yes
Both page turn buttons go next: yes
Custom left & right margins: yes
Allow rotation on all devices: yes
ePub fixed top/bottom margins: yes
Custom kepub default margins: yes
src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml:

mini and clara:
overrides:
src/nickel.yaml:
Show all games: yes
Increase home screen cover size: yes
Increase library cover size: yes
src/libadobe.so.yaml:
src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml:
Custom left & right margins: yes
Allow rotation on all devices: yes
ePub fixed top/bottom margins: yes
Custom kepub default margins: yes
src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml:
slkissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:23 PM   #37
JeanPierre
Connoisseur
JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Amazing speed. Thanks, geek1011!
JeanPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:28 PM   #38
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slkissinger View Post
Updated Mini, Forma, and ClaraHD to 4.18.13737; and patched 'em all. Thanks geek1011.
Looks good. Just one thing, we'd prefer if the patches weren't mentioned too much on the threads until they're officially released. Also, keep in mind they aren't guaranteed to be stable until the official release (for example, https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...45230b47994470).
Old 09-30-2019, 10:05 PM   #39
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Looks good. Just one thing, we'd prefer if the patches weren't mentioned too much on the threads until they're officially released. Also, keep in mind they aren't guaranteed to be stable until the official release (for example, https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...45230b47994470).
And my request is that we don't spend time discussing the details of the patches in the firmware release threads. The fact that the patches are ready and probably any new existing patches. But, the details of what is actually in the patches, or issues getting them working, should be elsewhere.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:09 PM   #40
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And my request is that we don't spend time discussing the details of the patches in the firmware release threads. The fact that the patches are ready and probably any new existing patches. But, the details of what is actually in the patches, or issues getting them working, should be elsewhere.
Yes, and to add to that, if possible, bug reports or help with development and testing for in-progress updates should be on GitHub. Requests and discussion about requests belongs in the request thread. Discussion about kobopatch itself belongs in the kobopatch thread (unless it is about support with released patches). Bug reports and discussion (and everything else) for released patches belongs in the respective patch thread.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:09 PM   #41
ratinox
Addict
ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is there an affiliate for Walmart in the USA? If so, can you please add that to your list of affiliates? Thanks.
The Forma I purchased from Walmart last week is WalmartHybrid.

Edit: There is currently no firmware update available with this affiliate.

Edit 2: Interestingly, I'm still at 4.15.12920. Unknown why it has not updated to 4.17.something.

Edit 3: Changing affiliate to indigo got me the 4.18.13737 firmware.

Last edited by ratinox; 09-30-2019 at 10:39 PM.
ratinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:30 PM   #42
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
So other than Dropbox support for the Forma, and a fix for the Libra issue mentioned, what is new in this update?
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:52 PM   #43
celticchrys
celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2014 (1st edition)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Yeah. I'd probably still use Calibre for bulk operations. But it would be nice to download a book or two sometimes without messing with USB cords.
I just enable Calibre's built in server on my PC, then I can use the Kobo's web browser to download book files from Calibre without cables, over my wifi. You use the IP address of your PC on your home network like this:
Code:
http://username:password@IPaddress:8881/mobile
Note: the username and password are just whatever you put into the preferences in Calibre.

Last edited by celticchrys; 09-30-2019 at 10:55 PM.
celticchrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:35 PM   #44
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticchrys View Post
I just enable Calibre's built in server on my PC, then I can use the Kobo's web browser to download book files from Calibre without cables, over my wifi. You use the IP address of your PC on your home network like this:
Code:
http://username:password@IPaddress:8881/mobile
Note: the username and password are just whatever you put into the preferences in Calibre.
Hmm yes, that's an option too. I was under the impression primitive eink browsers weren't capable to log in to the server, but it seems I was wrong. Thanks for the tip.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:14 AM   #45
yur
yur began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura H2O II
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I’m wondering if by 7th digit in the serial number if what is meant is 7th character counting the letter or 7th numeral in the strict sense?

I have an H2o2 and on 4.15 and something is going wrong with my attempts at manually installing the new update.
yur is offline   Reply With Quote