Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2019, 10:42 PM   #346
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post
Hate to beat a dead horse. Yes, I know the workaround for this database warning is to override the Calibre database check... I'm just curious, since the override works fine (or at least it did for both of my Kobos)... should we consider the "override check / Attempt to support newer firmware" as the permanent fix for future updated versions pushed out to our Kobos? I quickly skimmed this thread... didn't anything specific unless I missed it
As @rashkae said, you can do this. And it is probably safe. The changes in the firmware that affected the drivers function have been fairly rare. Most were additions that didn't actually affect things, but, I added something later to take advantage of. Collections and series info are the most obvious examples.

I really don't expect this to change, but, there is no way that I'm taking out the warning. Because if something does change, I don't want people blaming me for this. There were some suggestions about changing work a differently, or have more options (such as resetting when calibe is updated). But, with how little anyone actually pays attention to the current message, or even bother to look at the full message, I'm not very motivated. There has been another suggestion to check online if the firmware version is unknown, but, that's just going to feed the "it talks to a server so it must be an invasion of privacy and a massive security risk" trolls.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote