Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 07:04 PM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Send to Kindle iOS extension not working

I recently discovered that the Kindle app on iOS adds a SendToKindle share extension, so I gave it a try.

I am able to share from Safari and other apps, choose "Send to Kindle". From there I can edit the title and author fields, which are pre-filled with the page title and site name, and leave the "Save to Kindle Library" option checked, and then hit send.

It appears to do something (spinning progress indicator), followed by a modal pop-up dialog saying "Success; Your document has been uploaded and will be delivered to your Kindle shortly.", but after that... nothing... it's not on my Kindle, not in my iOS app, not on the cloud reader, not in the docs in my manage content pages on amazon.com (not even in pending deliveries) -- nowhere to be found.

I have no such problem with the send to kindle browser extension in Chrome, which works flawlessly (other than having difficulty parsing some pages).

Any idea what's wrong?
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:19 PM   #2
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found this.... looks like it's possibly been been broken for a while. Does it work for other people?

https://www.reddit.com/r/kindle/comm...p_not_working/

EDIT: And it looks like here they only list Android... this is strange: https://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle
Advert
Old 02-13-2019, 08:18 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I recently discovered that the Kindle app on iOS adds a SendToKindle share extension, so I gave it a try.

I am able to share from Safari and other apps, choose "Send to Kindle". From there I can edit the title and author fields, which are pre-filled with the page title and site name, and leave the "Save to Kindle Library" option checked, and then hit send.
It is working for me. I just used it yesterday. Generally speaking, if it did not work, you’ll get an email notification from Amazon to that effect (though it has always worked for me..). Maybe it is in your Junk folder?

Also possible that you need to refresh your Library before it will show up. You can do this on the Library screen by ‘pulling down’ the library view, you’ll see a spinner.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:50 PM   #4
twowheels
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
It is working for me. I just used it yesterday. Generally speaking, if it did not work, you’ll get an email notification from Amazon to that effect (though it has always worked for me..). Maybe it is in your Junk folder?

Also possible that you need to refresh your Library before it will show up. You can do this on the Library screen by ‘pulling down’ the library view, you’ll see a spinner.
Yeah, done that, and no emails either. Hmmm...