Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-20-2019, 07:43 AM   #1201
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Thanks jackie, I noticed kiwidude was the last person to update the first post, but for some reason I thought you did the work. But now I think about it maybe you offered me your personal version.

The loss of current book highlight isn't critical, and it can be worked around by checking the suppress notify setting. Calibre version 4 is on the horizon, I don't have any insight as to whether it will necessitate any changes to PI's, if it does, whoever makes those changes can have a look at it then.

And if they're inclined, I'd like an option to strip selected dc elements from the opf - e.g, description, subjects, and identifiers.

BR
What I would like to see stripped (if there is another version) is ePub 3 specific code in both the XHTML files OPF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:09 PM   #1202
Rob557
Connoisseur
Rob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
modify epub - jumps to top of book list on completion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
... if i display a list of books e.g. i list those where read=n, then i process one item by using modify epub... when I accept the modify epub changes I am not then returned to that book in the list. I am returned to top of list ... with a long list the book I just modified is often nowhere to be seen as it's now off screen ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
... it scrolled to the top of the list but the book remained selected so pressing an arrow key got the (highlighted) book back ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@ilovejedd ... unchecking "Prompt to save ePubs" in the PI configuration
I frequently use "Modify ePub" and, similar to Stumped, earlier this year began experiencing the non-intuitive annoyance of the screen display always jumping to the start of the book list after I saved the result of the Modify ePub, but I always want to return to the modified book itself so that I can delete the original pre-modified version, and perhaps move to the next book on the list.

Although both approaches suggested by ILoveJedd and BetterRed provide an easy work-around, it still seems a strange and unnecessary glitch. Using the arrow keys (or scrolling down to find the still-highlighted book) works if I'm not distracted by something else and remember what it was I was doing. I'd prefer to not disable the "prompt to save ePubs" functionality because a) sometimes I've made a mistake and decide not to save the modified ePub, and b) auto-saving a problematic modification can have a domino effect by deleting e a prior original version (just ignore this last comment 'b' if not self-explanatory as explaining would just distract from the main consideration). Hopefully there is an easy answer to removing the glitch itself.

Last edited by Rob557; 02-26-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Rob557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:44 AM   #1203
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo H2O, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What I would like to see stripped (if there is another version) is ePub 3 specific code in both the XHTML files OPF.
You say that as if it’s a simple function. Far from it. I, for one, have no intention of going anywhere near that particular can of worms.

While it’s true that some EPUB 3 books are basically “EPUB 2 with a couple of tiny changes,” many actually take advantage of the enhanced capabilities of the EPUB 3 format. Those simply cannot be automagically downgraded to EPUB 2; such a change requires complex intervention which is far beyond the scope of the Modify EPUB plugin.

So, you can wish for it all you like, but you’d probably have better luck looking for dedicated conversion software or pleading for someone to create an entirely new plugin for that specific task.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote